+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: My Ultrasonic Record Cleaner

I'm Grant.

As long as you don't use cavitation excessively there shouldn't be a problem.
    After all it's pretty much doing the same job as an rcm Just the bubbles bursting is producing the friction. Use a higher ultrasonic transducer frequency and increase the number of bubbles at a smaller size and lower energy release per bubble.

It's all just heat and friction
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

To date i've cleaned 12 LP's, 4 batches of 3 and i think that's about as much as i can get out of one tank of cleaning solution without filtering it, here's a photo

as you can see it's filthy and the LP's i cleaned were reasonably clean already or at least that's what i thought before i took a look at the cleaning fluid, now i don't want to have to replace 6 litres of cleaning fluid every time i clean 12 LP's so my thinking is i use a fuel filter connected with some tubing to the drain tap and basically filter the fluid into a couple of 5 litre containers every couple of uses, the filter should remove the particles and leave me with a useable fluid that's fit for purpose.

My other thought is that a certain amount of dirt is going to stick to the LP's as they're lifted out of the bath, i'm thinking of filling a plant sprayer with distilled water and give the vinyl a shower before i dry them

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm James.

My hypothesis is that at the point where the records are cleaned albeit in dirty solution, a classic RCM such as Loricraft would finish the job off a treat. However that's all it is, a hypothesis... I have no ultrasonic cleaner.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Clive.

I've seen the same with the Kirmuss. The large pieces cannot have come off the records in one piece. They must be combined particles...I hope so!
    TT 1 Trans-Fi Salvation with magnetic bearing + Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro + London Reference
    TT 2 Garrard 301 with NWA main bearing + Audiomods Series Six 10.5" + Ortofon 2M Mono SE
    Digital Lindemann Bridge + Gustard R26 with LB external clock
    Pre and Power Amp EWA M40P + M40A
    Bass Amp & DSP Behringer iNuke NU3000DSP x 2
    Speakers 1 Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo with twin baffleless 15" bass drivers per side
    Speakers 2 MarkaudioSota Viotti Tower

I'm Bernard.

Default My Ultrasonic Record Cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by Jac Hawk View Post
    To date i've cleaned 12 LP's, 4 batches of 3 and i think that's about as much as i can get out of one tank of cleaning solution without filtering it, here's a photo

as you can see it's filthy and the LP's i cleaned were reasonably clean already or at least that's what i thought before i took a look at the cleaning fluid, now i don't want to have to replace 6 litres of cleaning fluid every time i clean 12 LP's so my thinking is i use a fuel filter connected with some tubing to the drain tap and basically filter the fluid into a couple of 5 litre containers every couple of uses, the filter should remove the particles and leave me with a useable fluid that's fit for purpose.

My other thought is that a certain amount of dirt is going to stick to the LP's as they're lifted out of the bath, i'm thinking of filling a plant sprayer with distilled water and give the vinyl a shower before i dry them
    The dirt will not stick to the records ... therefore you can clean more records in the solvent.

For filtering, you need to use a 1 micron (at least). As stated in my line #9, you can find 1 micron filter socks on eBay.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Turntable: Sony TTS-8000 ;Tonearm: Phonomac AT-1010 Mk6; Cartridges: SPU GTE / VDH Colibri XGP / Decca SC4E rebuilt by ESCO with Paratrace; Phono Stage: Shindo; SUT: Bob's Device Cinemag 1131; Pre Amp: Shindo Monbrison; Power Amp: Shindo WE 300B Limited; Speakers: Shindo Lafite / Auditorium23 Solovox; CD Player: EastSound CD-E5 / Sony PS1; Cables: Yannis 423.5; Yannis 223.5; VDH The First Ultimate; Totem Sinew; Audio Tekne ARSP-500 / Auditorium 23.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Clive View Post
    I've seen the same with the Kirmuss. The large pieces cannot have come off the records in one piece. They must be combined particles...I hope so!
    i think so Clive, the effect of the ultrasonics when they're on seems to pull the particles into larger balls, even so i want to filter it, a 4 micron in line fuel filter is my thinking at the moment, but James is right when he says a classic vacuum RCM would lift all the loose crap off

I'm Mike.

I've look at the 1 micron filter socks and will go there only when i'm satisfied that a fuel filter won't cut it, my thinking is that 6 litres is a lot of fluid and i know how much time it took to filter the Knosti fluid when i had one of them, also i could easily attach an in line pump to constantly filter the fluid.

I'm James.

If anyone with an ultrasonic cleaner is in striking distance of W. London and wants to try I can bring my Loricraft over to do exactly this. I'd be most interested in the outcome...

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Bernard.

Default My Ultrasonic Record Cleaner

I have done a lot of research and tests on filtering (manual and auto) and found out that only 1 micron filters will get rid of all contaminants in the solvent.

Manual:
    I am using a 1 micron filter sock cut and glued into a cone shape into a funnel. The flow rate is good at about 1 liter+/min.

The filter can be cleaned and re-used over and over. If the fluide is very dirty, one can use a coffee filter for a first stage filtering, over the 1 micron filter.

With the 3x filter socks bought on the bay, I can create more than 18 cone shapes filters, which will last a long long time.

Auto: This is wip as I want to be able to filter while the US tank is running.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Turntable: Sony TTS-8000 ;Tonearm: Phonomac AT-1010 Mk6; Cartridges: SPU GTE / VDH Colibri XGP / Decca SC4E rebuilt by ESCO with Paratrace; Phono Stage: Shindo; SUT: Bob's Device Cinemag 1131; Pre Amp: Shindo Monbrison; Power Amp: Shindo WE 300B Limited; Speakers: Shindo Lafite / Auditorium23 Solovox; CD Player: EastSound CD-E5 / Sony PS1; Cables: Yannis 423.5; Yannis 223.5; VDH The First Ultimate; Totem Sinew; Audio Tekne ARSP-500 / Auditorium 23.

I'm Mike.

Without using an in line cartridge type filter i think you will struggle to be able to recirculate the cleaning fluid while the cleaner is in operation because the pump will either run too quickly or too slowly for your needs, i'm currently looking for an in line filter that goes down to 1 micron that is suitable, my plan so far is that i base everything on reducing the 15mm outlet down to 8mm which is a common size used for fuel systems in cars, once down to 8mm i can attach an in line filter and a 12v fuel pump from a car.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast