+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: My Ultrasonic Record Cleaner

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Clive View Post
    Hopefully you're not expecting it to be an ultrasonic cleaner...
    don't get your point Clive

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm Clive.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac Hawk View Post
    don't get your point Clive
    You've replied on a thread about ultrasonic cleaners that you're getting one; I just wanted to clarify that spinclean isn't a US cleaner.
    TT 1 Trans-Fi Salvation with magnetic bearing + Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro + London Reference
    TT 2 Garrard 301 with NWA main bearing + Audiomods Series Six 10.5" + Ortofon 2M Mono SE
    Digital Lindemann Bridge + Gustard R26 with LB external clock
    Pre and Power Amp EWA M40P + M40A
    Bass Amp & DSP Behringer iNuke NU3000DSP x 2
    Speakers 1 Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo with twin baffleless 15" bass drivers per side
    Speakers 2 MarkaudioSota Viotti Tower

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Clive View Post
    You've replied on a thread about ultrasonic cleaners that you're getting one; I just wanted to clarify that spinclean isn't a US cleaner.
    keep scrolling down the page Clive and you'll see what i bought

I'm Clive.

keep scrolling down the page Clive and you'll see what i bought
    Oh I see what's happened. Whatever you've bought is no longer available (because you've bought it) so ebay is trying to suggest something similar. Whatever you've bought doesn't show on my browser.

The listing you’re looking for is no longer available. Check out this similar item we found for you.

Edit - by clicking on another link it came up with: Ultrasonic Record Cleaning Machine + Drying Tank & Fan Complete Bundle Free P&P
    TT 1 Trans-Fi Salvation with magnetic bearing + Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro + London Reference
    TT 2 Garrard 301 with NWA main bearing + Audiomods Series Six 10.5" + Ortofon 2M Mono SE
    Speakers 1 Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo with twin baffleless 15" bass drivers per side

I'm Mike.

bloody ebay

I'm Mike.

I'm Clive.

That works! I very much look forward to reading your findings on how well it delivers. Hopefully really well!

I'm Mike.

To be honest Clive all the DIY ones (and i count mine in that category as it uses a stock ultrasonic tank and a similar spindle set up) should do an equally good job, i've read a lot of posts about these and the ones like the Degritter, i think in most cases people will be put off by the cost of the Degritter especially if you have to justify the purchase to the little lady, from what i've read all the ultrasonic machines seem to do a superior job at deep cleaning vinyl than the likes of the moth and others of that type so for me it's a no brainer.

When it arrives i'll try to do a before and after video of a particularly dirty record so you can hear the results.

I'm Bernard.

Nice bundle Mike. Good price.
    I can see that the seller is using the GT Sonic tanks, which is well built and should last.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Turntable: Sony TTS-8000 ;Tonearm: Phonomac AT-1010 Mk6; Cartridges: SPU GTE / VDH Colibri XGP / Decca SC4E rebuilt by ESCO with Paratrace; Phono Stage: Shindo; SUT: Bob's Device Cinemag 1131; Pre Amp: Shindo Monbrison; Power Amp: Shindo WE 300B Limited; Speakers: Shindo Lafite / Auditorium23 Solovox; CD Player: EastSound CD-E5 / Sony PS1; Cables: Yannis 423.5; Yannis 223.5; VDH The First Ultimate; Totem Sinew; Audio Tekne ARSP-500 / Auditorium 23.

I'm Bernard.

Default My Ultrasonic Record Cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
    I have checked out information on the Aluminium Foil Test, and if there is a importance in it being carried out on a Ultrasonic Record Cleanng Machine, "URCM"
    This is a relevant test and part of recording the functionality of the machine over time,it is wise to carry a test out at initial set up, hence the test foil sample should be stored and revisited as a observation/comparison against interval testing at approx 3 months apart. Storage/Archiving the sample could also be a photograph or scanned image.
    The basic investigation of the foil test is to demonstrate the intensity and distribution of cavitation in the bath.
    There are tutorials on line showing the procedure, and there are threads relating to the outcome of a foil test in a URCM in forums.
    I have come to understand, that a solution clean will be required after a foil test, as residuals will be seen in the tank. I don't think any vinyl owner would want their vinyl in with the foil residuals
    Some on the forums lean to the idea that the longer the foil takes to perforate, the less harm will be done to the vinyl.
    Some also say, that the vinyl is much more hardy and elastic than the foil,
    and it will not incur any breakdown of its structure.
    I would like to think the more foil sheets placed in the bath, the less intensity of cavitation perforations produced, "to be proven" just a thought.
    If proven, the more vinyl in the solution, the less intensity of cavitation.
    As stated before, I will be doing a standard cleaning method with a knosti, to clean any handling residual marks,before a Record is put into the URCM
    I like the idea of slowing the rotation down to 0.33 RPM and allowing for a Three Minute clean as a second cleaning regime for the vinyl. Followed by a luke warm distilled water rinse. Time lapse after first clean to be decided.
    I will work out the best method for a first clean, i,e how many records in the bath, length of cleaning period. Followed by a luke warm distilled water rinse.
    I sent a friend a link for a motor I had found, he claims it changes its RPM, by changing the input voltage, max speed is 0.5 RPM.
    This is my initial investigation of creating my URCM, I hope that somebody with more savvy than myself, can contribute.
    A bit complicated! I like to keep things simple and enjoy the music

My process explained in the first post is very straight forward and allows me to clean lots of LPs in a timely manner. I would not change it.

Only addition ... I have added a system to filter the solvent, which has improved things further.

The number of records cleaned at once will depend on the width of the selected tank as distance min. between records should be kept.
    In my selected tank, there is no difference whether I clean 1 or 3 LPs at once. However, 3 records is the maximum allowed for an efficient cleaning in this 155 mm width tank. A larger US tank would be required otherwise.
    Last edited by Berni217; 24-07-2018 at 22:45.
    Turntable: Sony TTS-8000 ;Tonearm: Phonomac AT-1010 Mk6; Cartridges: SPU GTE / VDH Colibri XGP / Decca SC4E rebuilt by ESCO with Paratrace; Phono Stage: Shindo; SUT: Bob's Device Cinemag 1131; Pre Amp: Shindo Monbrison; Power Amp: Shindo WE 300B Limited; Speakers: Shindo Lafite / Auditorium23 Solovox; CD Player: EastSound CD-E5 / Sony PS1; Cables: Yannis 423.5; Yannis 223.5; VDH The First Ultimate; Totem Sinew; Audio Tekne ARSP-500 / Auditorium 23.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast