+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BMW recalls vehicles.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    my daughter just got a merc...thats 2 in the family now..and one beemer...good to see everyone doing better than me
    Nah, wait 'till you show them your new mobility scooter!

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

BE HAPPY EVERYDAY!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Nah, wait 'till you show them your new mobility scooter!

Marco.
    cant afford one of those either and its getting that i need one... with go faster stripes of course
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/EMOTIVA XPS1/12V BATTERY - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP\WE TUBED - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10, AUDIRVANA 3 PLUS, TIDAL - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI/AUDIOPHONICS/VOLUMIO/5V BATTERY - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN/Q ACOUSTIC BT3/CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

When I've met Peter Qvortrup on a few occasions we always talk about old Mercs rather than hifi.. he is a lover of the old E class W124's, which is what I had before the Prius, and other older Mercs as they really were very well engineered indeed. My W124 had over 300,000 miles on it when I sold it and I know it's still running today but some of Peter's have 450,000 and above on them

'Modern Mercs' after about 1995 are either not reliable or they are rust buckets.. such a shame
    Bev

Naim CD5XS Through:Black Cat Silverstar 75 To:Naim Dac Through:Naim 5 Pin Din To:Supernait 2 Through:NACA5 To:Living Voice Auditoriums or Rega RS3's or Magneplanar MG1's

Look at this Reliability Index... The top 6 places go to Japanese makes which is probably no surprise... I have to say that I find that all Japanese cars certainly do not drive the best or are the most comfortable but for sheer reliability they can't be touched

https://www.reliabilityindex.com/manufacturer
    Bev

Naim CD5XS Through:Black Cat Silverstar 75 To:Naim Dac Through:Naim 5 Pin Din To:Supernait 2 Through:NACA5 To:Living Voice Auditoriums or Rega RS3's or Magneplanar MG1's

I'm Geoff.

That's why I tend to buy Suzukis.

I think Daihatsu being at the top may be a bit misleading. They won't have logged many issues, 'cos there are not many about, although they are well made.

Maserati seem to have a bit of a problem. I'd never buy a used one, it's a never-ending list of expensive disasters with those.

I'm Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    When I've met Peter Qvortrup on a few occasions we always talk about old Mercs rather than hifi.. he is a lover of the old E class W124's, which is what I had before the Prius, and other older Mercs as they really were very well engineered indeed. My W124 had over 300,000 miles on it when I sold it and I know it's still running today but some of Peter's have 450,000 and above on them

'Modern Mercs' after about 1995 are either not reliable or they are rust buckets.. such a shame
    I've had three Mercs, a W123 and two W124's. I have very fond memories of them, very comfy and great to drive. Sadly they all rusted badly and with the bad reputation the later models had I changed to an Audi S6. Really nice car with huge gobs of grunt but fragile and complex front suspension. Current nugget is a BMW 325ci. BMW recalled it last year for a new airbag module. They collected it, did the work, valeted it and bought it back, pretty good service I thought.

My last E class 300TE
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/Musical Fidelity X-DAC/Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Amplifier
    Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer
    Cables
    Klotz MC5000+MS Audio/Sommer Carbokab+MS Audio/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 A

I'm Shane.

My brother works for a car recovery company. The vast majority of their business comes from recovering cars from BMW/Mini, VAG, Daimler Benz and JLR with electrical problems. Hardly any business from the Japanese!
    Time flies like an arrow.
    Fruit flies like a banana.

Quote Originally Posted by shane View Post
    My brother works for a car recovery company. The vast majority of their business comes from recovering cars from BMW/Mini, VAG, Daimler Benz and JLR with electrical problems. Hardly any business from the Japanese!
    Exactly Shane.. most Japanese cars are super reliable..

I have a friend car mechanic and he says there are the Japanese cars for reliability and then everything else...
    Bev

I'm Geoff.

I have a friend car mechanic and he says there are the Japanese cars for reliability and then everything else...
    That probably applies to most Japanese products, like electronics and cameras for instance.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi Bev,

Whilst I agree that things have gone downhill recently, compared with what was produced in the era you've mentioned, the above isn't universally true. My 2008 Merc is neither a "rust bucket", nor unreliable - quite the opposite!

That's not to say though, it's overall as well built as W124s were... Trouble is, I found those as ugly as sin, and were most often driven by boring old men!

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

BE HAPPY EVERYDAY!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast