+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Low Volume from Dual Turntable (via preamp) with Cambridge Audio Amp

I'm Geoff.

If the amp mains lead wall plug is not a mouded on type open it and check that the earth is not loose.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Valentiaman View Post
    Already done that Barry...mentioned it a few times in previous posts. It is.
    Ah OK - I though you had tried the amp without any source switched on but still connected, and wanted to eliminate the small possibility that the interconnects themselves may be picking up hum and RFI.
    Barry

I'm Stephen.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    If the amp mains lead wall plug is not a mouded on type open it and check that the earth is not loose.
    Thanks again. Unfortunately, all wires were securely fastened in the plug!

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by Valentiaman View Post
    It's buzzing with nothing plugged in except speakers.

If easy to do, try temporarily moving the amp and speakers alone to another part of your house (i.e. a different part of the ring main) to see if the hum is still present. And ensure nothing else other than the amp is plugged into that section of the mains circuit.

Do you have any other speakers you can try? (sorry you may have already said). Even though it should not cause hum double check speakers are wired to the amp in phase. Is the buzzing coming from both speakers? If not switch them around.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345