+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: First DIY Project - Amplifier - Initial direction sought

I'm Pavel.

The main problem with ICEpower is very low input impedance, for best results they require a buffer before the power amplifier. Their response at higher frequencies seems to be load-dependent, at least their old modules had this quirk, which could lead to a "brightish" sound with some speakers.

I'm Greg.

I was thinking about ICEpower, but haven't mentioned them for that reason. To be fair I actually haven't heard any of them.

I'm Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by Shovel_Knight View Post
    The main problem with ICEpower is very low input impedance, for best results they require a buffer before the power amplifier. Their response at higher frequencies seems to be load-dependent, at least their old modules had this quirk, which could lead to a "brightish" sound with some speakers.
    When you say "Old", what sort of time of release are you referring to?

I'm Pavel.

I would say ~10 years ago? To be honest, I haven't heard their newest offerings.

I'm ABRAHAM.

Default DIY amp projects

the ones that I found interesting are the ones from Avondale - Would there somebody who I can get advice from to build this.
    The other one I found is the Beta 24 from AMB Laboratories but it looks more complicated.

I'm Alan.

As per my post 13
    Call Les Wolstenholm directly from Avondale Audio
    http://avondaleaudio.com/

Alan
    Turntable - Garrard 401/Jelco 750L/Ortofon Kontrapunkt B, Pioneer PLC 590, Micro Sieki MA505 , Denon DL103R - DIY Paradise Phono stage - Reel 2 Reel Studer A810, Otari MX55,Tascam BR20, Revox A77, B77, PR99, TEAC X1000 & 3440, Digital HTPC / Young Dac - Preamp - DIY B4, 821, Power Amp's DIY Avondale NCC300 Mono Block, Speakers Wilmslow Kit Volt BM220.8 / Scanspeak D2905/9500

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123