+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My Degritter is here

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I'll second that - and if suitable, and with the author's permission, could put it in The Knowledge as well for reference.
    Have you listened to this month's choice in the Album Club?

Barry

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    It's about making an affordable ultrasonic record cleaner.
    Ah, I see... That wasn't exactly obvious, if you hadn't seen one of these things before!

Marco.

P.S Bearing in mind that post #11 (from Bernard) was the original opening post of this thread, until someone merged it with Tom's one on the same subject

[Note to mods: remember that subjects pertaining to vinyl accessories, such as this, go into Analogue Art, which is why this thread has been moved].
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

BE HAPPY EVERYDAY!

I'm Paul.

The names like Nitty Gritty and Degritter do make me chuckle. I’ve had a few dirty records but I don’t think any have ever had grit on them. Fluffy Buffy and Defluffer sound more appropriate to me.
    ~Paul~

I'm Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalsea View Post
    The names like Nitty Gritty and Degritter do make me chuckle. I’ve had a few dirty records but I don’t think any have ever had grit on them. Fluffy Buffy and Defluffer sound more appropriate to me.
    You’d be surprised what you find in the waste jar of the Loricraft after cleaning a few charity shop finds.
    Main: Speakers 'RFC' Tannoy Canterburys / custom crossovers; Amp - Radford STA100; Pre EAR 912; Vinyl: Thorens TD124 MkII + Ikeda IT345-CR1 / Ikeda IT-407 tonearms; Cartridges Stereo - Miyajima Madake, Ortofon SPU Royal N, Ikeda 9C III, SAEC/Excel C3; Mono - Miyajimas - Zero 0.7, Premium 1.0, Sonovox MC-4 1.0, Edison '78' 4.0 conical, and Shure M44 strapped for mono with several Expert Stylus conicals for different eras of 78s; Phono stage and SUT from EAR 912; Esoteric Sound Re-Equalizer for equalisation of early mono and 78, switchable in from tape loop; Digital: Audio Note CDT2/II transport, heavily modded AN Kit DAC + Mutec MC3+USB.

Study: Speakers - Tannoy DC6; Amp: Pass Aleph 'Mini'; preamp - Firebottle custom; Vinyl: Garrard 401 with AT1503 tonearm and vintage Ortofon SL-15e with matching Ortofon 2-15k SUT; Phono Stage: Firebottle Plus; Digital - Trichord Genesis III CDP + Arcam rBlink; Schiit Multibit DAC.

I'm Tom.

BTW I don't think it makes sense to join these things up. A pure ultrasonic DIY thread would be a useful thing for the forum. But the Degritter is a different thing entirely, it's a custom made bit of kit with motors, brushes, custom software and display - put a record in the slot, choose the options (cleaning time from three options, drying time to match or a custom overide, hit the buton and it's all automatic. It's not really competing with a DIY approach, more with the likes of Audiodesk (which I considered, but saw so many reports of mechanical issues decided against investivating) and to an extent with Keith Monks/Loricraft.
    Main: Speakers 'RFC' Tannoy Canterburys / custom crossovers; Amp - Radford STA100; Pre EAR 912; Vinyl: Thorens TD124 MkII + Ikeda IT345-CR1 / Ikeda IT-407 tonearms; Cartridges Stereo - Miyajima Madake, Ortofon SPU Royal N, Ikeda 9C III, SAEC/Excel C3; Mono - Miyajimas - Zero 0.7, Premium 1.0, Sonovox MC-4 1.0, Edison '78' 4.0 conical, and Shure M44 strapped for mono with several Expert Stylus conicals for different eras of 78s; Phono stage and SUT from EAR 912; Esoteric Sound Re-Equalizer for equalisation of early mono and 78, switchable in from tape loop; Digital: Audio Note CDT2/II transport, heavily modded AN Kit DAC + Mutec MC3+USB.

Study: Speakers - Tannoy DC6; Amp: Pass Aleph 'Mini'; preamp - Firebottle custom; Vinyl: Garrard 401 with AT1503 tonearm and vintage Ortofon SL-15e with matching Ortofon 2-15k SUT; Phono Stage: Firebottle Plus; Digital - Trichord Genesis III CDP + Arcam rBlink; Schiit Multibit DAC.

I'm Lee.

Good to see youíve brought one Tom, Iím looking to get one myself
    Vinyl rig 1 - NAS Spacedeck / Jelco 750D / EAR 834P modified / Denon DL 103. Vinyl rig 2 - Lenco GL75 c/w original arm and Shure M75ED MM cart / trichord Diablo with NCPSU. Amplifiers - Audio Note Empress Silver / Hattor Passive Pre. Digital - Mac Mini / Lampizator Atlantic Plus tube rectified Dac / Linear PSU / Hummingboard Network audio adaptor. Speakers - Horns.pl Mummy's. Cables are Audio Note / Albedo / Duelund WE16GA Speaker wire. Power conditioner is a Gigawatt PC2 EVO

I'm Ian.

Hi Bernard,
    Was that the machine that I chatted to you about at the Wigwam show or was that someone else? It looked very interesting.

I'm Bernard.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlenco View Post
    Hi Bernard,
    Was that the machine that I chatted to you about at the Wigwam show or was that someone else? It looked very interesting.
    It was not me. Sorry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Turntable: Garrard 401 modded by Classic-HiFi in Hammertone. Heavy oak plinth by Russ Collinson; Tonearm: Jelco SA-750D; Cartridges: SPU GTE / VDH Colibri XGP / Decca SC4E rebuilt by ESCO with Paratrace; Phono Stage: Shindo ; SUT: Bob's Device Cinemag 1131; Pre Amp: Shindo Monbrison; Power Amp: McIntosh MC225; Speakers: Auditorium23 Solovox; CD Player: EastSound CD-E5 / Sony PS1; Cables: Yannis 423.5; Yannis 223.5; VDH The First Ultimate; Totem Sinew; Audio Tekne ARSP-500 / Auditorium 23.

I'm Bernard.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    BTW I don't think it makes sense to join these things up. A pure ultrasonic DIY thread would be a useful thing for the forum. But the Degritter is a different thing entirely, it's a custom made bit of kit with motors, brushes, custom software and display - put a record in the slot, choose the options (cleaning time from three options, drying time to match or a custom overide, hit the buton and it's all automatic. It's not really competing with a DIY approach, more with the likes of Audiodesk (which I considered, but saw so many reports of mechanical issues decided against investivating) and to an extent with Keith Monks/Loricraft.
    I partially agree as the end result (cleaning records through an ultrasonic solution) is the same, regardless of the complexity of the system implemented.

I will start a separate thread as soon as the lovely sunny days are over

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Turntable: Garrard 401 modded by Classic-HiFi in Hammertone. Heavy oak plinth by Russ Collinson; Tonearm: Jelco SA-750D; Cartridges: SPU GTE / VDH Colibri XGP / Decca SC4E rebuilt by ESCO with Paratrace; Phono Stage: Shindo ; SUT: Bob's Device Cinemag 1131; Pre Amp: Shindo Monbrison; Power Amp: McIntosh MC225; Speakers: Auditorium23 Solovox; CD Player: EastSound CD-E5 / Sony PS1; Cables: Yannis 423.5; Yannis 223.5; VDH The First Ultimate; Totem Sinew; Audio Tekne ARSP-500 / Auditorium 23.

I'm mark.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlenco View Post
    Hi Bernard,
    It's Spider on the Wam and AA who's developed ultrasonic cleaner. Think he's doing small batches for fellow enthusiasts, I'm near and know Tim if you need any more info I'll point him this way.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast