+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Reducing the clutter

Default Reducing the clutter

My first StanDac is now strapped to the back of my TV.

Literally strapped. I bought a 2" wide black luggage strap and bolted it to the VESA mounting holes.

Keeps everything tidy.

And from the front?

Although that's an earlier picture with the DAC on the stand top behind the TV
    Last edited by Labarum; 23-08-2018 at 01:20.
    Brian

In Southampton: Raspberry Pi 4 running PiCorePlayer, Beresford Caiman SEG, Quad 77 Int Amp and CD Player, AVI Neutron 4, Sennheiser HD25 headphones.
    In Nicosia: Small Format HTPC, Beresford 7520 ,Quad 405-2, Quart 980s German Tower Loudspeakers.

I'm Adam.

Nice idea !

Are those the AVI Neutron IVs in your TV stand sideways on ?

I still run the AVI Neutron IVs as my main speakers in my small lounge.

I keep thinking about replacing them but there is just something about them that I like. I think they are the sweet spot of the whole AVI Neutron range (and the last made in the UK). The quality of the tweeter unit is outrageous for a set speakers that cost me £200 s/h about 10 years ago.
    Adam.

Well spotted. Yes, Neutron 4s sideways on. I hunted the internet for a a TV cabinet just right to accommodate them! They are compromised in that position, of course, but they sound better than a sound bar. Quad 77 Integrated Amp and CD player are in the middle. I spin a CD about twice a year! The TV has a Chromecast hanging off the back and a Chromecast Audio feeds the second optical input on the Beresford 7510.

Yes, and I bought my N4s 9 years ago S/H for £200 - maybe £250. They were and are in pristine condition.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Edit:

The white headphone cable runs round the skirting board to the sofa where my trusty SD25 headphones are always on and always by my side. I simply switch on the Quad amp if I want speaker sound.
    Last edited by Labarum; 23-08-2018 at 01:22.
    Brian

In Southampton: Raspberry Pi 4 running PiCorePlayer, Beresford Caiman SEG, Quad 77 Int Amp and CD Player, AVI Neutron 4, Sennheiser HD25 headphones.
    In Nicosia: Small Format HTPC, Beresford 7520 ,Quad 405-2, Quart 980s German Tower Loudspeakers.

+ Reply to Thread