+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two systems, Two rooms

I'm Mike.

Default Two systems, Two rooms

Analogue Simplicity:
    Audio Electronics amp, PS Audio phono pre, Technics turntable, Ortofon cartridge, DIY speakers , Cabling - Dynamic Design, Kimber

2 Channel Home Theater:
    Cambridge Audio amp, Denon DVD, Denon tuner, Polk Audio speakers, Cabling - Linn, Kimber, Audioquest, Crappy TV
    Mystere, Thorens/Ortofon/Schiit Audio, Marantz, Rotel, iFi Audio, Paragon/Seas

I'm King.

Hi Mike,
    How lucky you are, two rooms and two systems. Many of us are filled with envy.
    King

I'm Mike.

I had to if I wanted to listen to music and not watch TV. Budget dictates that it is only a LP system, and the room is small, but I can enjoy music in the evening instead of watching TV.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Light Capture View Post
    the room is small, but I can enjoy music in the evening instead of watching TV.
    Define 'small'? We all live in shoeboxes in the UK you know.
    Steve aka 'Twelvebears' (it's a long story)
    System: Technics 1210 Mk5, Jelco 750 arm, AT33EV via MF X-LP2 Phono Stage, Oyaide mat and record clamp. SB Touch via Marantz PM-11S1 amp and Wilson Benesch A.C.T. speakers. Mark Grant cables and PS Audio Power Plant Premier mains regenerator.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by twelvebears View Post
    Define 'small'? We all live in shoeboxes in the UK you know.
    I live in a small townhome or row house and my analogue music system is in a room that is 12'10"W x 10'D x 9'H ... or in the UK 3.9m X 3m X 2.7m

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Light Capture View Post
    I live in a small townhome or row house and my analogue music system is in a room that is 12'10"W x 10'D x 9'H ... or in the UK 3.9m X 3m X 2.7m
    Well that's encouraging. That's about the same size as my little Man Cave.
    Steve aka 'Twelvebears' (it's a long story)
    System: Technics 1210 Mk5, Jelco 750 arm, AT33EV via MF X-LP2 Phono Stage, Oyaide mat and record clamp. SB Touch via Marantz PM-11S1 amp and Wilson Benesch A.C.T. speakers. Mark Grant cables and PS Audio Power Plant Premier mains regenerator.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I seriously like the look of those Polk speakers, I wonder if theyr'e available over here, I aint got room for em but I'd have a pair anyway.

I'm Mike.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Mart View Post
    I seriously like the look of those Polk speakers, I wonder if theyr'e available over here, I aint got room for em but I'd have a pair anyway.
    They sound as good as they look!
    Specs: 18hz- 22Khz, 94db efficiency
    Same drivers as Polk SDA's but very easy to drive.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I envy the clean and uncluttered layout of both your systems. Congratulations.

Trust you have a few more LPs than shown!

Do you actually sit in your Breuer chair? I always imagined that with use, the leather strips would stretch and become misshapen. I would love to own one - the height of Bauhaus (?) cool!

Regards
    Barry

I'm John.

Hi Mike, I am thinking of going phono direct into power amp. You obviously think it a good way to go. May I ask your opinion about the PS Audio as it is one I am considering along with the Quad which has a volume control. Thanks for help.
    John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast