+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Munich High End show 2018

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Yup, nasty as in a bad example of 'brutal.' Give us your example of good 'vulgar bling', then... Showz a piccie

Basically, anything adorned with gold and/or shiny bits, just hurts my eyes and makes me think 'hi-fi jewellery' - or 'all fur and no knickers'...

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

BE HAPPY EVERYDAY!

I'm Grant.

i quite like them, but the price is obscene quite frankly.
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/EMOTIVA XPS1/12V BATTERY - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP\WE TUBED - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER24, SPOTIFY - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI/AUDIOPHONICS/VOLUMIO/5V BATTERY - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN/Q ACOUSTIC BT3/CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

I'm Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    Wowzer.

This is getting close!

Guess what?
    I'd have it!
    Perfect for belting out the theme to Dr Who ....
    Main: Speakers 'RFC' Tannoy Canterburys / custom crossovers; Amp - Radford STA100; Pre EAR 912; Vinyl: Thorens TD124 MkII + Ikeda IT345-CR1 / Ikeda IT-407 tonearms; Cartridges Stereo - Miyajima Madake, Ortofon SPU Royal N, Ikeda 9C III, SAEC/Excel C3; Mono - Miyajimas - Zero 0.7, Premium 1.0, Sonovox MC-4 1.0, Edison '78' 4.0 conical, and Shure M44 strapped for mono with several Expert Stylus conicals for different eras of 78s; Phono stage and SUT from EAR 912; Esoteric Sound Re-Equalizer for equalisation of early mono and 78, switchable in from tape loop; Digital: Audio Note CDT2/II transport, heavily modded AN Kit DAC + Mutec MC3+USB.

Study: Speakers - Tannoy DC6; Amp: Pass Aleph 'Mini'; preamp - Firebottle custom; Vinyl: Garrard 401 with AT1503 tonearm and vintage Ortofon SL-15e with matching Ortofon 2-15k SUT; Phono Stage: Firebottle Plus; Digital - Trichord Genesis III CDP + Arcam rBlink; Schiit Multibit DAC.

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    Wowzer.

This is getting close!

Guess what?
    I'd have it!
    It does look like some sort of cyborg Triffid invasion...
    ~Paul~

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    i quite like them...
    Jeez, I thought you had taste!

Marco.

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

BE HAPPY EVERYDAY!

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalsea View Post
    It does look like some sort of cyborg Triffid invasion...
    about as unattractive and uninviting as can get.
    yuk
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Garrard 401, Russ Collinson 'shindo' plinth / Tenuto gun metal mat / SME-3012 j7 rewired / audio-technica ATP-12T - phonomac modified / Ortofon Vintage SPU GTE /Shure M3D / Ortofon Royal N / Cartridge Man Music Master with isolator / Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Vintage GE VRII mono / Amps: Radford STA25 mk3 / David Coe AD Audio 'Satchmo' pre & phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / Digital: SW1X Audio Design DAC 1 signature / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC custom crossovers / Cables: Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture sapele rack

Quote Originally Posted by WESTLOWER View Post
    about as unattractive and uninviting as can get.
    yuk
    Yup, worse than a Latvian lady-boy in a turquoise tutu!

Marco.

BE HAPPY EVERYDAY!

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Yup, worse than a Latvian lady-boy in a turquoise tutu!

Marco.
    I’m just wondering if this was something you experienced in a bad dream or in real life?
    ~Paul~

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by WESTLOWER View Post
    Great pics Edward. Some shiny things there!
    I bet those horns had you drooling!

You bet they did. In particular the Cessaro horns were out of this world in sheer finesse, impact, scale and musicality. Followed closely by the Avantgarde horns. In the Avantgarde room of course they had the massive Trio and Basshorn set. Alright if you are a multi-millionaire with a dedicated listening room. But the Avantgarde Zero 1 (playing in a different room in Munich) is super friendly and can easily be used in most rooms we are familiar with. And only a tenth price of the top of the range Avantgarde. Mind you with the top of the range Avantgarde you get the full basshorn experience - totally nuts.

But of course with horns you get that extremely fast articulate sound, precise and definite. No pre or post ringing - hard to describe but easy to experience.
    Source: Tidal/Roon
    DAC: Metrum HEX NOS

Amp: Sugden Masterclass 2018 spec, Radford Revival STA25,
    Speakers: Tannoy Eaton

Quote Originally Posted by Primalsea View Post
    I’m just wondering if this was something you experienced in a bad dream or in real life?
    I'll leave you to ponder that one, dahling...

Marco.

BE HAPPY EVERYDAY!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast