+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pioneer Kuro goes on (LONG!) holiday

I'm Chris.

Default Pioneer Kuro goes on (LONG!) holiday

Pioneer Kuro Plasma TVs are probably the best screens ever made. Certainly a lot of fans of them think so. So, when I was looking for a new TV, I discovered this. Expensive? Certainly, about £3000, but quality costs.

Over Christmas, my 50 inch Kuro obviously felt a little tired.
    On each switch-on, it reverted to its 'Set-up' menu. No big deal-it worked fine otherwise - but a bit annoying.
    So, in January, I got on to Pioneer's web site and sent a message.
    Waited. Silence.
    Sent another 'mail.
    Waited. Silence.
    Feb 12.Eventually after 3 weeks, phoned them and explained the problem.

Apparently a simple fix; they'd send a 'plug-in' patch to rectify the problem, and all would be well.
    The plug-in arrived; I followed the instructions carefully.
    The Kuro died!
    Rang Pioneer again...eventually, after much head scratching at their end, was asked "What's written on the plug-in?"
    They'd sent the WRONG plug-in patch!! (For a different model)
    Despite the fact I'd carefully sent all the relevant numbers-even the individual Kuro one.
    It seemed the Kuro was *****ed!
    "Can you get it to Gatwick (area)?" I was asked.
    No.....I'm in Bristol, a good 120 miles away.
    "O.K....can you get a pallet?"
    (I guess so)
    "we'll arrange to collect it; when you tell us you've got a pallet- and get this fixed. Pioneer will pay, of course"
    A neighbour produced a pallet for me; I managed to afix the box (I still had the original) to the pallet with reams of plastic wrapping.

Collection day.Thursday. March(!!) 1st. Heavy snow, so no collection. Rang the firm 4 days later.
    "Oh, that collection/order seems to have been cancelled"!!
    So had to get Pioneer to re-send them.
    7 March, off it went on a truck, to DK Audio to be fixed.
    I waited......and waited. On enquiry, later E-mail told me 5-7 days......
    On March 29.......I rang DK Audio, to find they had no record of ever receiving my Kuro!!
    After getting Pioneer involved (who, maybe, as DK's actual customer, should have been watching?) they DID locate it and gave me a job number.
    (Where do you 'lose' a big pallet with a TV box on it?)
    Then.....I waited (Again!), all through April.
    On May 1 .....I rang DK again to find that somehow it was STILL sitting about, unassessed!
    "I don't know how THAT happened......"etc..
    Finally, it got onto a workplace and was assessed.
    Pioneer would supply the part of course.
    As I type, it's May 6th. I've been Kuro-free since February!
    Tenterhooks....will it arrive back before the Cup Final?
    Who knows? 4 months so far and counting?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chris.

I'm Grant.

you do wonder how these people keep their jobs.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Lawrence.

Because the statistics used to measure their performance doesn't include things like getting this sorted. Or there's a union.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

I'm Stephen.

Fingers crossed for mine then. Our 50” (the monitor version with no inbuilt speakers) is still going strong after 8 years. Other than, perhaps, some of the OLEDs it still has the best colour depth I’ve seen.
    Current kit :
    Music library (FLAC) on IMac or streamed via Qobuz. Fed wirelessly to Raspberry Pi / Allo Digione and into Lyngdorf digital amplification. This handles room correction and drives a pair of Quad 2905 electrostatics.

I'm matt.

But can It pass the Sony Motionflow test? (none of mine at home can)

If you have a Virgin box, go to channel 198 and In the search bar type "Best Motionflow"

+ Reply to Thread