+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Some pics of my Yaqin 100B mods

I'm Tony.

Default Some pics of my Yaqin 100B mods

VPI Scout 1.1, Ortofon Quintet Bronze, Rothwell Headspace, Lesbox Tube Phono Stage, Xiang Sheng Dac 01A, WAD KAT6550 and Reiver Edingdale SR

I'm James.

Very nice indeed Tony, the amp looks a beauty. I recognise that turntable. Where did you get the board it is standing on?

I'm Tony.

Thanks James,

The board is one of those American Maple Boos Chopping Boards.

I got it from Amazon via some kind of import shipping thing.

I plan to oil it sometime if I can ever get off my arse!
    VPI Scout 1.1, Ortofon Quintet Bronze, Rothwell Headspace, Lesbox Tube Phono Stage, Xiang Sheng Dac 01A, WAD KAT6550 and Reiver Edingdale SR

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Intenso View Post
    Thanks James,

The board is one of those American Maple Boos Chopping Boards.

I got it from Amazon via some kind of import shipping thing.

I plan to oil it sometime if I can ever get off my arse!
    Haha, there is always something else to do. I have been looking for a maple wood board like that but twice as thick.

I'm Tony.

I went with this one because one ot was more affordable than some that the VPI bods use and two I quite like the rounded edges which make it look less like a chopping board.

I then got some cheap heavy rubber matting from ebay to isolate the motor which seems to work well.

I love my VPI, best bit of kit I ever bought. I would love one of the new rosewood jobbies but they're big money!

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Intenso View Post
    I went with this one because one ot was more affordable than some that the VPI bods use and two I quite like the rounded edges which make it look less like a chopping board.

I then got some cheap heavy rubber matting from ebay to isolate the motor which seems to work well.

I love my VPI, best bit of kit I ever bought. I would love one of the new rosewood jobbies but they're big money!
    Looks made to fit Tony. Just had a look and Boos does a 3 inch thick board, bit OTT I think. Yes the higher VPI turntables are wondrous things of beauty especially the Avenger

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Looks made to fit Tony. Just had a look and Boos does a 3 inch thick board, bit OTT I think. Yes the higher VPI turntables are wondrous things of beauty especially the Avenger
    I guess it depends where you would put it. A 3" board on top of a solid sidetable may work well. Stick on my wall shelf and I reckon it would pull it off the wall. These boards are really heavy!

+ Reply to Thread