+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Some pics of my Yaqin 100B mods

I'm Tony.

Default Some pics of my Yaqin 100B mods

VPI Scout 1.1, Hana ML, Vanderveen MC10 SUT, WAD Phono3, Rpi3B+/Digione Signature, Xiang Sheng DAC-01, WAD KiT6550 and Reiver Edingdale SR

I'm James.

Very nice indeed Tony, the amp looks a beauty. I recognise that turntable. Where did you get the board it is standing on?

I'm Tony.

Thanks James,

The board is one of those American Maple Boos Chopping Boards.

I got it from Amazon via some kind of import shipping thing.

I plan to oil it sometime if I can ever get off my arse!
    VPI Scout 1.1, Hana ML, Vanderveen MC10 SUT, WAD Phono3, Rpi3B+/Digione Signature, Xiang Sheng DAC-01, WAD KiT6550 and Reiver Edingdale SR

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Intenso View Post
    Thanks James,

The board is one of those American Maple Boos Chopping Boards.

I got it from Amazon via some kind of import shipping thing.

I plan to oil it sometime if I can ever get off my arse!
    Haha, there is always something else to do. I have been looking for a maple wood board like that but twice as thick.

I'm Tony.

I went with this one because one ot was more affordable than some that the VPI bods use and two I quite like the rounded edges which make it look less like a chopping board.

I then got some cheap heavy rubber matting from ebay to isolate the motor which seems to work well.

I love my VPI, best bit of kit I ever bought. I would love one of the new rosewood jobbies but they're big money!

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Intenso View Post
    I went with this one because one ot was more affordable than some that the VPI bods use and two I quite like the rounded edges which make it look less like a chopping board.

I then got some cheap heavy rubber matting from ebay to isolate the motor which seems to work well.

I love my VPI, best bit of kit I ever bought. I would love one of the new rosewood jobbies but they're big money!
    Looks made to fit Tony. Just had a look and Boos does a 3 inch thick board, bit OTT I think. Yes the higher VPI turntables are wondrous things of beauty especially the Avenger

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Looks made to fit Tony. Just had a look and Boos does a 3 inch thick board, bit OTT I think. Yes the higher VPI turntables are wondrous things of beauty especially the Avenger
    I guess it depends where you would put it. A 3" board on top of a solid sidetable may work well. Stick on my wall shelf and I reckon it would pull it off the wall. These boards are really heavy!

+ Reply to Thread