Just like to share my findings re sorbothane. I've recently moved to a house with a cross base floor i.e. wooden suspended, from a house with a concrete floor. I was quite happy with sound from my Spendor SP2/3r2 on concrete with Something Solid spiked stands. Moving to suspended floored house and bass was less defined - midrange a little coloured, if you will - top end still as good as before. Researched problem. There are some quite expensive sorbothane spike shoes out there but I think I've cracked it for little money. Already had spike shoes - think they were around £15 for 8. I have now purchased 8 'Isolate It' sorbothane discs same diameter as shoes which are 1" and 70 duro.I have a new floor and I've read reports of Sorbothane possibly marking floors so I simply stuck those felt type circular floor protectors on bottom of each sorbothane disc. So I have spike shoe then sorbothane disc then floor protector. Cost of sorbothane (8) - $16. Improvement? Bass is definitely better defined than before - distinct and controlled. Midrange is beautifully natural - less colouration. No change in top end (which was fine even on suspended floor). Thought I'd share this with you all.