+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Retired due to poor health

I'm Mike.

The devil and idle hands eh

I'm Colin.

Well now forced to stay indoors and my pit I can do some R&D work so first project is a volume control using optics.
    It will allow us to have any value and multi channel pots at any pre-fixed value i.e. 10R-1000MR and either Log/Anti Log or Linear well any curve you want basically.
    The track sliding noise will go away and matching can be between 20% to 0.01%.
    It can also be driven with a voltage reference or a R2 Ladder. The ref/control voltage will be set to 1.00V to 5.00V but with a simple attenuation network this could also be changed.
    Pre-set lower and upper limit can also be set i.e. 158R Min to 1099R Max
    The pot will have upper and lower BW limits 1Hz - 400KHz but special can be made.

PCB for this unit will be available from me or ABCaudio.
    The unit can also be master slave configuration. For mixer and motor control references.

So watch out for it.

I'm Kulwinder.

Probably the wrong thread (mods: please move if inappropriate) but just thought I'd ask a quick question of you, Colin. I own a sample of the prototype Class A amp I think you designed (for Arcam?). Just changing out the 4.7uf/63v axials (all, unsurprisingly, out of spec now).

Usual hassle with lifting traces but all done now but for one remaining axial (shown in last pic). Appears it's either in the wrong way around or the PCB is incorrectly marked for positive. Looks original. I know it was a squillion years ago but you wouldn't happen to recall which is the more likely?

DSC05999 by Brer Rabbit, on Flick

DSC06012 by Brer Rabbit, on Flickr

DSC06012 (1) by Brer Rabbit, on Flickr
    Last edited by tankertop; 30-03-2020 at 14:19.

I'm Colin.

Quote Originally Posted by tankertop View Post
    Probably the wrong thread (mods: please move if inappropriate) but just thought I'd ask a quick question of you, Colin. I own a sample of the prototype Class A amp I think you designed (for Arcam?). Just changing out the 4.7uf/63v axials (all, unsurprisingly, out of spec now).

Usual hassle with lifting traces but all done now but for one remaining axial (shown in last pic). Appears it's either in the wrong way around or the PCB is incorrectly marked for positive. Looks original. I know it was a squillion years ago but you wouldn't happen to recall which is the more likely?

DSC05999 by Brer Rabbit, on Flick

DSC06012 by Brer Rabbit, on Flickr

DSC06012 (1) by Brer Rabbit, on Flickr

I am pleased to say this is not my PCB design, sorry.

I'm Kulwinder.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Wonfor View Post
    I am pleased to say this is not my PCB design, sorry.
    Ah, one of THOSE. All understood...

I'm Alan.

Measure the voltage across the cap, could be next to nothing, then fit the new one to suit the polarity.

I'm Kulwinder.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Measure the voltage across the cap, could be next to nothing, then fit the new one to suit the polarity.
    Will do, thanks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234