+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Messing with music masterpieces

I'm Ian.

Back in 1973 I was a revolting student occupying the Admin block - can't even remember why. On the music system we rigged up the recently released Dark Side of the Moon was being played constantly. Watching the Classic Albums film about the album on Sky Arts the other night made me think I might be alive to hear the 50th Anniversary remix of Dark Side. Now I wonder what that will be like?

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by magiccarpetride View Post
    I'm calling an urban myth here
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beatles_in_Mono
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Lawrence.

Personally I find the majority of the Beatles' output to be average at best. I watched a documentary about their early years the other day and from what was said I would have probably enjoyed their early Hamburg (and subsequent return to Liverpool) gigs though.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

I'm joe.

'Re-issue, repackage, repackage
    Re-evaluate the songs
    Double-pack with a photograph
    Extra track (and a tacky badge)

[...]

Best of! Most of!
    Satiate the need
    Slip them into different sleeves!
    Buy both, and feel deceived'

The Smiths: 'Paint A Vulgar Picture'.

I'm Jim.

Without a doubt the greatest crime of all in messing with music masterpieces is the album Sacrilege. An album of remixes of Can music by people who have never had been let anywhere near the originals. It is utter shite, the title is apt.
    I'd put a picture of the cover up if I could but including pictures in posts on this site seems damn near impossible.

I'm givingyouaprettygoodclue.

Funny old world. I think "Let It Be...Naked" is an abomination, a counterfeit Frankensteined many years later and smothered in noise reduction. I quite like Spector's original and by most bands' standards it's a good album. Certainly TLAWR benefits from a bit of orchestra. I could make a compilation from the film soundtrack, rooftop concert and Glyn Johns mixes that would be more authentic than Apple's attempt to milk the punters one more time. But that's merely my opinion and over on the Steve Hoffman forums they've covered hundreds of pages falling out between themselves over it

Pete

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123