Imagine for a moment if, when last year Apple Corps. released the 50th anniversary Sgt. Pepper's reissue, they decided to 'modernize' its iconic LP cover. They hired visual artists and designers to add pertinent and prominent cardboard cutouts of some contemporary celebrities behind the four Beatles, and maybe even removed some 'obsolete' elements from the image on the record sleeve.

I'd bet you that the public outcry would be stupendous. Everybody and their uncle would vehemently protest the audacity of Apple Corps. taking such liberties with the iconic and seminal work of art, one of the most prominent masterpieces of the 20th century music.

And yet... and yet! When Giles Martin took the liberty to mess with the recorded masterpiece, to re-imagine it and reassemble it to his liking (under the excuse of 'modernizing' it), no one protested, no one said a word.

Why is it that we tolerate such revisionist blasphemy, while still being super touchy about the visual side of the package? To my mind, it is much bigger blasphemy to modify the Beatles original product (the originally mixed and mastered released songs), than it is to modify the visual packaging.

Imagine if someone went and started rearranging the notes Bach or Mozart of Beethoven had originally written. If a budding young composer goes in and decides to 'modernize' Beethoven's Ninth Symphony by removing some 'dated' parts and adding some more modern sounding parts, people would form a lynch mob and go after that person's head. And yet, when it comes to the Beatles and their masterpieces, the crowd seems okay with this atrocious process of 'modernization'.

People will say "but, but, but, you know full well that Sir Paul McCartney himself praised the new reimagined Sgt. Pepper's, so who are you to complain?" Well, my question is, why would McCartney say 'no!' to millions of dollars pouring into his coffers? Of course he and Ringo and Yoko and Olivia are going to be behind these re-imagining projects, because they all stand to profit from such gimmicks handsomely.

But because the Beatles are not merely a commercial product, but are also one of the most important parts of our cultural heritage, we cannot let it all boil down to sales and marketing tactics.

Off my soap box now, just wanted to voice my concerns regarding the possibly upcoming 50th anniversary release of the brand new and 'modernized' White Album'. I hope the travesty won't continue. Just give as the all analog stereo master of the White Album, the way you gave us the mono master in 2014. The 2012 remastered-from-stereo-digital-remaster pressing is atrocious!