+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Visit to Mikie Bs place

I'm tony.

Default Visit to Mikie Bs place

Myself and Brian visited Mikie today.

I had heard Mikes system a few months ago and was quite taken with his big Tannoys-Brian had never heard a pair so we both headed over to the Kingdom of Fife to see whats what.

Mike has really moved his system down the road in the last few months.

He has a pimped Techie on analogue and a well resolved digital set up for streaming.

Big primaluna power amp and tvc pre-good quality wires and all the ancillaries sorted .

From the off the system just sang-utterly effortless/liquid midrange/bass that 15 inch drivers can achieve without overblown bloom.

I managed to wrestle control of the i pad-some John Martyn ensued....constant stream of sarcasm from that pair but it confirmed Mike has a really resolved system with no nasties or short comings.

Ive never heard a proper techie-Mike span up some vinyl....just fantastic!!(Stevie ray Vaughn was just fantastic).

Tried a couple of ICs Brian has made up-they are a tad special, just placing the icing on the cake.

Great day/company/tunes....what its all about really!

Tubes and Tannoys....some majik lies there methinks!!

I'm Alan.

Don't forget the tubes in the Firebottle Vivant phono stage, it wouldn't be the same without the tubes!
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Grant.

glad it went well tony...pity i couldnt make it
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm tony.

Alan had a chat about that, seems your phono stage has taken on all comers.

Vinyl sounded terrific( better than digital TBH!)

Top notch system-your creation integral to it.

I'm tony.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    glad it went well tony...pity i couldnt make it
    Grant,
    An hour and a half either way but well worth it....great hearing someones system that is properly sorted.

Just couldnt get my head round the John Martyn phobia....they both need edumacated!!!

I'm Grant.

got one on vinyl from abbey rd... sounds very good, although i guess its pretty laid back
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm tony.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    got one on vinyl from abbey rd... sounds very good, although i guess its pretty laid back
    Ive got the half speed solid air, think thats abbey road-aint too shabby!

I'm Mike.

It was good to entertain you both, and glad that you liked my system. You always doubt yourself when steadily 'upgrading' I know I like listening to it, but you always wonder if anyone else will

Tony and Brian both confirmed that what I have put together is really good to listen to.

We played, John Martyn, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Johnny Cash, Black Sabbath, Sohn, Jean Michel Jarre, Kraftwerk, Nitin Sawhney, Danny Angel/Bo Galigher and a few others switching between streaming from Spotify, my Nas drive and also playing records.

Couple more things to finish off my system and that will be me

System as it stands:

Heavily modded Technics 1210 turntable, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Zyx r100 cartridge, Firebottle Vivant Phono stage, Promitheus TVC Pre amp, Primaluna Dialogue Premium HP Power Amp, SoTM SMS 200 NAA, Beresford Caiman SEG DAC, Tannoy Berkeley speakers, EWA LS25 speaker cable.

Here's to the next meeting

I'm tony.

John Martyn in the premier position-my work is done....ready to die now!

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by wee tee cee View Post
    John Martyn in the premier position-my work is done....ready to die now!
    Just thought I'd start the list bottom first

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast