Hi, I suspect like many of you I have more items of hi-fi "in store" in my loft than is sensible. Trying to have a bit of a clear out today I came across a Magnum Dynalab "Etude" FT 101A tuner brand new in a box. I can remember buying it just before we moved from London to the Isle of Wight but it must have got lost in the move and has been among the boxes in the loft ever since.

Whilst I think these tuners are still reasonably sought after I thought it would be a shame to move it on without trying it so I put it in the system instead of the Quad FM4 we have been using. I must say I am stunned by the difference. The Quad is a good tuner, however this is amazing - huge soundstage, stunning bass, lovely full sound. Even Classic FM sounds good whilst Radio 3 and Radio 4 are excellent, so much so that I'm really looking forward to Soul Music tomorrow morning.

Sadly my bank account won't be benefitting from this find but my ears will be. The Quad will now be doing duty in my workshop - just need to run an ariel cable in and connect it to the 34 and 405 already there.

David Whistance