Hello everybody, I am new to the forum. Just registered. I was recently directed here by a link in the hifi shark website whilst looking for 2nd hand gear.

My current system is centred on a Yamaha AV receiver (RX-A3030) connected to Pioneer series 7 and series 8 speakers, which I bought initially for viewing laserdiscs and bluray discs. It all started when I was looking for a decent AV setup for a Pioneer CLD-D925 laserdisc player paired with a Yamaha APD-1 RF demodulator plus an Oppo BDP -103d bluray player.

Starting from a simple 5.1 AV setup I felt the urge to add vintage audio gear (Nakamichi BX300 tape deck, Sony DTC-750 DAT deck, Marantz SX-72 scratch noise suppression, Onkyo MD -105FX hi md deck) and a turntable (Pro-Ject RPM 5.1 with SpeedBox S, Ortofon 2m Blue, Heed Questar MM phono stage). The most recent additions are some of the best portables manufactured by Sony from 1982 to 2011 (PS-F9, WM-D6C, WM-DC2, WM-DD9, MZ-R91, MZ-RH1). The portables are connected to two Kramer 4x4a switches and then to the 2nd input of the Marantz SX -72.
Everything is working fine at present with the only exception of the Nakamichi BX300. I am looking for Nakamichi spares as well as a PSU for the phono stage.

I listen to heavy metal and hard rock of the 70s, 80s and 90s mainly on vinyl and HI-MD. I am quite happy with the system because I am able to enjoy good audio from a system that was initially put together just for home theatre use.