+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Greetings from Washington State, USA.

I'm Mike.

Default Greetings from Washington State, USA.

Hello everyone in the UK and around the world. I'm from eastern Washington State, USA. I've been a lurker here for about a year. I don't know if I'll have a lot to contribute but like the forum so much that I thought I should join.

I have a simple system that's​ always changing ��. Attached is a photo of my listening room and one of my listening buddies.

Current set-up:

Rega Elex-R integrated
    Rega Planar 2 TT
    KEF Reference Series Model 2's (1990s vintage) speakers
    Audioquest Beetle DAC
    Analysis Oval 12 cables
    Tidal HIFI streaming.

Although I think vinyl sounds great on this system, 90% of our listening is streaming. The next thing I want to upgrade is the DAC. So I'm looking for a Tidal friendly DAC that runs well with my PC. The Mytek Liberty is looking pretty good to me.

I listen to just about​ every kind of music and I'm always looking for new sounds.

Thanks for a great forum.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm Geoff.

Hello Mike. Welcome to AOS.

If you want opinions on DAC choices, why not start a thread in the Digital Expressions section and discuss your ideas?

This is a friendly place with a lot going on, so just join in and chat with everybody.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.

I'm Josie.

Welcome to AOS, Mike.

Love the pic... It's a dogs life, sleeping, eating, listening to great toonz.

Lol

Enjoy

Sent from my 9001X using Tapatalk
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Mike,

Nice neat system you have there. Always good to welcome a member who has broad tastes in music. What is the dog listening to and what are his/her tastes in music?

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Welcome to AoS Mike,

Nice neat system you have there. Always good to welcome a member who has broad tastes in music. What is the dog listening to and what are his/her tastes in music?

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Thanks. We listen to just about anything! I can't think of a genre I wouldn't listen to (although pop country music comes close). Looks like Monk was on the TT at that moment. The two last albums I've been into are Adam Ben Ezra's, Pin Drop, and Sons of Kemet's new one, Your Queen Is A Reptile. What should I listen to next?

I'm Steve.

Hi Mike,

Dog looks a bit bored. Put on Jane's Addiction "Been Caught Stealing", the beginning used to send my dog mental

Welcome to the forum
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread