+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marco and Macca chez cooky's

I'm gone.

Thanks for the pics, Frank.

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Yeah, both the JBLs and Tannoys have their respective strengths, which they portray very well, and in that respect I agree with your summary.

It was a very interesting and useful demo for me, which helped crystallize my preferences, in case at some point in future I decide to try something different from the Lockwoods, and in that respect, some form of big JBLs would always be in the equation

As an aside, didn't you make a clone version of Everests, or such like, with twin 15" drivers? I seem to recall you did, and played Ian "Madame Medusa', by UB40, which rearranged his intestines to such a degree, that they've never been the same since!!

On your 'JBL travels', as it were, have you ever encountered the Hartsfields? These are from 1955, and tick the retro box for me, big time, as well as sounding superb:

Even on crappy computer speakers, I can almost feel the bass!! Must watch that video through the home-cinema system

Check both vids out, as it shows they can 'boogie', as well as sounding shockingly real!

Marco.
    Marco, do you happen to know the music in the second clip? I really dig it!
    Melco N1A, Hegel 390, PMC Twenty5 22.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Sorry David, I'm not sure. Could be some Dizzy Gillespie

I'd copy the link to the clip and ask in the music room.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanzapp View Post
    music in the second clip? I really dig it!
    Star Eyes - Cannonball Adderley Quintet

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

There you go - Roy to the rescue!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm David.

Thanks Guys
    Melco N1A, Hegel 390, PMC Twenty5 22.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12