+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Phono pre-amp advice please

I'm Ian.

One other thing to check is the arm position. Normally it's recommended to get the arm tube parallel to the deck so check it is first. If it is then try lowering the pivot end of the arm, this usually increases the bass. If the headshell end is lower this usually decreases bass, increases treble.

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by chris@panteg View Post
    How have you got the Inspire Apollo sighted?

On a shelf or table, is it well isolated from feedback?
    It's on a 4-shelf 'rack' and is on the top shelf.
    Thanks

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlenco View Post
    One other thing to check is the arm position. Normally it's recommended to get the arm tube parallel to the deck so check it is first. If it is then try lowering the pivot end of the arm, this usually increases the bass. If the headshell end is lower this usually decreases bass, increases treble.
    It's parallel.

Thanks

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Your post won't last long, nor will mine. if you can get a [deleted] in your budget, do so.
    (Concerning the 3-letter company whose name one dare not mention. I was unaware of breaking any rules. I understand the antipathy towards a certain individual and his company, however, I was not reviewing/extolling/criticising said company - just saying that someone said they could be worth a look. Apologies anyway, but let's keep things in proportion.)

Thanks
    Last edited by Marco; 15-04-2018 at 16:56. Reason: Mention of banned company removed

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonky View Post
    (Concerning the 3-letter company that one dare not mention. I was unaware of breaking any rules. I understand the antipathy towards a certain individual and his company, however, I was not reviewing/extolling/criticising said company - just saying that someone said they could be worth a look. Apologies anyway but let's keep things in proportion.)

Thanks
    There is an announcement on every section outlining the rules re this Richard. It has to be enforced so it will be, either by me or someone else....and Oliver does know better.....
    Last edited by Marco; 15-04-2018 at 17:26. Reason: Mention of banned products removed in quote
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/EMOTIVA XPS1/12V BATTERY - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP\WE TUBED - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10, AUDIRVANA 3 PLUS, TIDAL - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI/AUDIOPHONICS/VOLUMIO/5V BATTERY - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN/Q ACOUSTIC BT3/CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

I'm Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonky View Post
    It's parallel.

Thanks
    OK, try lowering the base end of the arm a tad.

I'm Richard.

It's OK; I've more important things to worry about. Consider it closed; I'm not going to make waves!
    R
    My Gear:
    Source component/s:
    Cambridge CXC Cd player; Inspire Apollo deck + Roksan Nima arm + AT-33PTG; Pioneer F656 tuner; Logitech Squeezebox Touch. Rpi + also Digione.
    Amplification: WD KEL84+ valve amp; Rega Brio, Quad 3066 (DADA modded). Trichord Dino2 & Dino+ PS; .

Loudspeakers:
    Living Voice auditorium IBX-R2

Cables/stands: Chords; Van Dammes 4mm

Any other hi-fi bits:
    Beresford SEG DAC; Apple's airport express; Apple iMac i5; Senn HD598, 467, 650s. Beresford Bushmaster.
    Linear PSs for Rpi and DAC. Pure mains conditioning.

I'm Richard.

Thanks; I'll try in the morning.

R
    My Gear:
    Source component/s:
    Cambridge CXC Cd player; Inspire Apollo deck + Roksan Nima arm + AT-33PTG; Pioneer F656 tuner; Logitech Squeezebox Touch. Rpi + also Digione.
    Amplification: WD KEL84+ valve amp; Rega Brio, Quad 3066 (DADA modded). Trichord Dino2 & Dino+ PS; .

Loudspeakers:

Any other hi-fi bits:
    Beresford SEG DAC; Apple's airport express; Apple iMac i5; Senn HD598, 467, 650s. Beresford Bushmaster.

I'm Oliver.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    There is an announcement on every section outlining the rules re this Richard. It has to be enforced so it will be, either by me or someone else....and Oliver does know better.....
    I do, apologies.
    Analogue: Technics SP10 MK2 > Phonomac AT-1010 MK5 tonearm > Ortofon Kontrapunkt b > Bigbottle Jfet MC Valve Phonostage (Telefunken Valves)
    Digital: NONE
    Amplification: Nelson Pass DCB1 with Khozmo 48 Step Series Attenuator & Krell KSA100 MK2 Amplifier
    Cables: Fisual S-Flex Speaker Cable & SPOTFIRE IC Cables & NEW SPOTFIRE Tonearm cable
    Speakers: Pioneer CS-77A

I'm Richard.

Grant and Oliver,

PMs sent.

R
    My Gear:
    Source component/s:

Loudspeakers:

Any other hi-fi bits:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast