+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Phono pre-amp advice please

I'm Ian.

One other thing to check is the arm position. Normally it's recommended to get the arm tube parallel to the deck so check it is first. If it is then try lowering the pivot end of the arm, this usually increases the bass. If the headshell end is lower this usually decreases bass, increases treble.

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by chris@panteg View Post
    How have you got the Inspire Apollo sighted?

On a shelf or table, is it well isolated from feedback?
    It's on a 4-shelf 'rack' and is on the top shelf.
    Thanks

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlenco View Post
    One other thing to check is the arm position. Normally it's recommended to get the arm tube parallel to the deck so check it is first. If it is then try lowering the pivot end of the arm, this usually increases the bass. If the headshell end is lower this usually decreases bass, increases treble.
    It's parallel.

Thanks

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Your post won't last long, nor will mine. if you can get a [deleted] in your budget, do so.
    (Concerning the 3-letter company whose name one dare not mention. I was unaware of breaking any rules. I understand the antipathy towards a certain individual and his company, however, I was not reviewing/extolling/criticising said company - just saying that someone said they could be worth a look. Apologies anyway, but let's keep things in proportion.)

Thanks
    Last edited by Marco; 15-04-2018 at 16:56. Reason: Mention of banned company removed

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonky View Post
    (Concerning the 3-letter company that one dare not mention. I was unaware of breaking any rules. I understand the antipathy towards a certain individual and his company, however, I was not reviewing/extolling/criticising said company - just saying that someone said they could be worth a look. Apologies anyway but let's keep things in proportion.)

Thanks
    There is an announcement on every section outlining the rules re this Richard. It has to be enforced so it will be, either by me or someone else....and Oliver does know better.....
    Last edited by Marco; 15-04-2018 at 17:26. Reason: Mention of banned products removed in quote
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonky View Post
    It's parallel.

Thanks
    OK, try lowering the base end of the arm a tad.

I'm Richard.

It's OK; I've more important things to worry about. Consider it closed; I'm not going to make waves!
    R
    My Gear:
    Source component/s:
    Cambridge CXC Cd player; Inspire Apollo deck + Roksan Nima arm + Ortofon 2M Black; Denon TU-580RD tuner; Logitech Squeezebox Touch. Rpi with Volumio. RME DAC.

Amplification: WD KEL84+ valve amp; Rega Brio, Quad 306 (DADA modded, - in reserve)). Trichord Dino2 & Dino+ PS;

Wiim mini, Wiim Pro, Wiim ProPlus streamers

Loudspeakers:
    Living Voice Auditorium IBX-R2.
    Q Acoustics 2010 in the 'study'.

Cables/stands: Chords; Van Dammes 4mm

Any other hi-fi bits:
    Apple MacMini Pro; Senn HD598, 467,
    Linear PSs for Rpi and DAC. Pure mains conditioning.

I'm Richard.

Thanks; I'll try in the morning.

R
    My Gear:
    Source component/s:
    Cambridge CXC Cd player; Inspire Apollo deck + Roksan Nima arm + Ortofon 2M Black; Denon TU-580RD tuner; Logitech Squeezebox Touch. Rpi with Volumio. RME DAC.

Amplification: WD KEL84+ valve amp; Rega Brio, Quad 306 (DADA modded, - in reserve)). Trichord Dino2 & Dino+ PS;

Loudspeakers:

Any other hi-fi bits:

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    There is an announcement on every section outlining the rules re this Richard. It has to be enforced so it will be, either by me or someone else....and Oliver does know better.....
    I do, apologies.

I'm Richard.

Grant and Oliver,

PMs sent.

R
    My Gear:
    Source component/s:

Loudspeakers:

Any other hi-fi bits:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast