+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: 10 audiophile myths busted

I'm Russell.

I have heard the argument that as long as the purchaser “Believes”, he hears a difference, then he has his money’s worth. He spends his money to make himself happy, and if he believes it sounds better, and makes himself happy, does it matter if it’s real or not? If he swears that the salt and pepper shakers he has taped to his wires are making all the difference, who are we to burst his bubble?

Personally I think that’s a load of bullocks, but, live and let live is not a bad motto.

Russell

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    I have heard the argument that as long as the purchaser “Believes”, he hears a difference, then he has his money’s worth. He spends his money to make himself happy, and if he believes it sounds better, and makes himself happy, does it matter if it’s real or not? If he swears that the salt and pepper shakers he has taped to his wires are making all the difference, who are we to burst his bubble?

Personally I think that’s a load of bullocks, but, live and let live is not a bad motto.

Russell
    Why do you think happiness may not be real and that it is a load of bollocks?
    Don't you just hate it when you cannot detect where the post ends and a signature line begins?

Alex.

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by magiccarpetride View Post
    Why do you think happiness may not be real and that it is a load of bollocks?
    I have no qualms with happiness, but I do have a problem with snake oil salesmen getting rich off of manipulating others. And if your happiness stems from delusions, sooner or later that’s going to wear thin. But, as I said before, live and let live. If someone swears that wooden pucks in the corners of the room are making his system sound better, I would never try to poo poo on their beliefs. . While in my head I may be saying this is baloney, I would smile and nod, leaving them to their happy delusions.

We are only human and it is near impossible to not have an opinion of your own. The secret is to realize that others are not so impressed with your opinions, no matter how right, or wrong, you may be. And as in most every endeavor, the truth lies in a gray area, almost nothing is black and white.

Russell

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223