Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
It's this 'pressure' bit I don't understand.
It's natural to experience an element of pressure during ANY kind of test, especially if it's being conducted in a public or unfamiliar place, outwith of the comfort of your own home. Did you feel pressure when sitting exams in school? I know I did. It's human nature, as you want to do well and get [whatever it is being tested for] RIGHT.

Now, of course it's different if you're simply blind-testing yourself at home, which shouldn't be stressful or pressurised, but as soon as the situation involves being judged by others on the results obtained, that causes pressure, and some will feel it more than others.

I agree that demonstrating any claimed difference shouldn't be a problem, if that difference exists, and that could take the form of a simple listening test at a bake-off, which should reveal the existence of any difference or not, and is less pressurised than blind-testing, so folks should be open to that.

As for 'night and day' differences between mains leads, that simply doesn't happen.

If anyone is claiming that, then their system is either broken or they're simply just exaggerating. Mains leads, designed for hi-fi purposes, provide subtle but worthwhile sonic improvements, not drastic ones, the cumulative effect when used throughout a system, can be significant. However, if someone is claiming much more than that, then they're best ignored.

Marco.