+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Speakers to partner Primare i32 amp

I'm Grant.

be handy if you can either get a demo or a trial
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    be handy if you can either get a demo or a trial
    Had a look Grant, Glasgow Audio and Hifi Corner stock the Bowers and Wilkins, looking for somewhere that has both

I'm steve.

Default Speakers to partner Primare i32 amp

A lot less than a grand but may well suit you, Q Acoustics Concept 20s, you can use them stand or shelf mounted. I bought a pair about 6 weeks ago and I’m delighted with them, great for a smaller room I would have thought with the grip they exhibit on the bass end.
    http://i.nextmedia.com.au/Assets/q_a...test_lores.pdf

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by steve-z; 04-08-2018 at 19:40.

I'm Robin.

Thanks Steve but the only dealer is a Richer Sounds

I'm Geoff.

I have these but with the Alnico driver upgrade. Either way, superb speakers.

https://www.divineaudio.co.uk/omega-...-speakers-pair

Geoff

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    I have these but with the Alnico driver upgrade. Either way, superb speakers.

https://www.divineaudio.co.uk/omega-...-speakers-pair

Geoff
    Those look nice Geoff, but not seeing dealers in Scotland

I'm Robin.

Just spotted a pair of Omega TS 2 speakers being advertised locally, might be worth a punt if I can find some more about them

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    Just spotted a pair of Omega TS 2 speakers being advertised locally, might be worth a punt if I can find some more about them
    Anyone heard these speakers

I'm Geoff.

Anyone heard these speakers
    Robin,

I am now on my second pair of Marathon Omega speakers. I bought my current pair direct from Louis (Mr Omega) on a trip to the USA a couple of years back (he is based in Norwalk, CT).

He has only recently signed up a UK dealer, and I have to say the UK mark up is much less than for most UK companies. There are many reviews of his speakers but they all have a house sound: fast, detailed, dynamic and coherent. This IMHO is down to two things: superb (in house) construction and the Omega full range drivers. Even the models with the small full range drivers produce a huge soundstage. They do need some space around them to perform at their best but are difficult to beat at anywhere near their price. The current range are available with a variety of finishes. I have the ebony finish which looks beautiful. They work really well with valve amps.

Geoff

I'm Geoff.

These are an early Omega design and do not use their later in house full range drivers. However, depending upon the price they may be worth considering. They will definitely impress in terms of construction quality, scale and coherence.

Geoff

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast