+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi Guys...

I'm Steve.

Default Hi Guys...

Slightly older newbie here. And I have to admit from the word go that I came here to pick your brains. I have an issue that I will put in the relevant section of the forum. For now though, this is what I have by way of a system....

2TB Brennan fed through a Yamaha WXC-50 streaming pre-amp via toslink. The speakers are Yamaha HS7 active monitors and the Yamaha HS8S active Sub. These speakers are on QuickLok BS300 Adjustable stands. My needs are simple and the sound this set up produces, for the outlay, is something to behold.

Anyway, once again, hi guys
    Steve

I'm Martin.

Hi Steve, welcome to the forum.

Interesting set -up that you have there, not the usual valves and vinyl we normally get here. Please feel free to pick brains about whatever it is you want.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Martin, indeed. I disposed of my vast vinyl collection a number of years ago and have been kicking myself ever since. Now I am stuck in that grey space between analog and digital and wanting to get the best of both worlds. I have seriously thought about getting a turntable again.... I may well do. In the mean time I am going to post my 'issue' in the digital section in the hope that someone picks up on it, and who might have had the same or similar problem and solved it.
    2TB Brennan fed through a Yamaha RN-803D network amp via toslink. The speakers are floor-standing Q Acoustics Concept 40s on spikes. Next up, CD player, turntable, possible sub.

I'm Martin.

There's a few people here who sold all their vinyl years ago and have started again. There's some great second-hand record shops around the country where you can build up your collection again quite quickly without having to pay £25 pop for a new re-issue. I'd recommend this one http://www.recordshopnottingham.com/contact-us - massive amount of stock. Worth the trip up from London.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    There's a few people here who sold all their vinyl years ago and have started again. There's some great second-hand record shops around the country where you can build up your collection again quite quickly without having to pay £25 pop for a new re-issue. I'd recommend this one http://www.recordshopnottingham.com/contact-us - massive amount of stock. Worth the trip up from London.
    You know Macca, I might just do that! I like Nottingham - I stay in the Litmus building when I'm up there. I had something like 8-9k vinyls - now they would take some replacing. A lot of US import originals as well. Some of them were collectors items. When the dealer came who took them off my hands, his eyes lit up. I think I knew THEN I was making a mistake, if truth were known! Ah for the benefit of hindsight.
    2TB Brennan fed through a Yamaha RN-803D network amp via toslink. The speakers are floor-standing Q Acoustics Concept 40s on spikes. Next up, CD player, turntable, possible sub.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Steve,

I can understand you kicking yourself with hindsight - but look at it this way 8,000 to 9,000 records must have taken up one hell of a lot of space, whereas your 2TB Brennan ought to be able to store more than 2,500 LPs and take up a minimal amount of real estate.

And as you have stated:
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rogue
    My needs are simple and the sound this set up produces, for the outlay, is something to behold.
    So as they say - Enjoy!
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

Hello Steve. Welcome to AOS.

I'm sure you can get some sensible opinions on the issue that needs addressing. Just ask away.

Tell us what music you like and what future plans if any you may have for your system.

Feel free to join in the chat, everybody is friendly.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Welcome to AoS Steve,

I can understand you kicking yourself with hindsight - but look at it this way 8,000 to 9,000 records must have taken up one hell of a lot of space, whereas your 2TB Brennan ought to be able to store more than 2,500 LPs and take up a minimal amount of real estate.

And as you have stated:

So as they say - Enjoy!
    This is true. That many records took up a huge amount of space. And it was part of a bigger downsizing that happened around. You're right of course, my set up now is much smaller, much more compact and yet the sound is huge!

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Hello Steve. Welcome to AOS.

I'm sure you can get some sensible opinions on the issue that needs addressing. Just ask away.

Tell us what music you like and what future plans if any you may have for your system.

Feel free to join in the chat, everybody is friendly.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    Many thanks for the welcome! I'm sure I'll get there eventually!

I'm Neil.

Welcome to AoS
    Regards Neil

+ Reply to Thread