+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2 x Tele convertors

I'm openingabottleofwine.

They would have the M42 x 1 screw lens mount.

I've had a quick look on eBay. There are 7 for sale (i.e. 'Buy it Now'), ranging in price from £4.99 to £24.99.

Most of them are made by AICO, though there is a Helios at £14.99 and two Vivitars, one at £12.00 the other at £24.99 (they look identical to me, but I didn't look at them individually in detail).

As discussed, using teleconverters is a compromise, so it is best to go for the best. If it was me I would consider the Vivitars.

Regards
    Barry

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by snapper View Post
    I use a monopod.

Not exactly sure,but probably 500th sec,wide open,which would be 5.6.

Thanks.
    the metadata has recoreded f/4 so i would guess it didnt take into account the 2xtc ... im guessing the effective apeture was f/8
    this would lead me to belive you use a 3rd party tc ... maybe a kenco mc7?
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by barry.d.hunt View Post
    They would have the M42 x 1 screw lens mount.

I've had a quick look on eBay. There are 7 for sale (i.e. 'Buy it Now'), ranging in price from £4.99 to £24.99.

Most of them are made by AICO, though there is a Helios at £14.99 and two Vivitars, one at £12.00 the other at £24.99 (they look identical to me, but I didn't look at them individually in detail).

As discussed, using teleconverters is a compromise, so it is best to go for the best. If it was me I would consider the Vivitars.

Regards
    i agree!
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm OneOfTheSevenModsWhoToldMarcoNotToLiftHarry'sBan.

Quote Originally Posted by hamish View Post
    the metadata has recoreded f/4 so i would guess it didnt take into account the 2xtc ... im guessing the effective apeture was f/8
    this would lead me to belive you use a 3rd party tc ... maybe a kenco mc7?

It would have been a 1.4 converter,Hamish.See previous post.
    ATB

David

I'm David.

ah i see ... thought i was being clever there

I'm David.

andre,
    if you have a mooch on ebay you could prob get a pentax m42 135mm 3.5 pretty cheap

Quote Originally Posted by snapper View Post
    My mistake,it was taken about 7 years ago.

I'm sure I used a doubler that night as well.Will need to find the CD with images on and u/l one using the doubler.
    1/500 sec at f/5.6 with a sensitivity of ISO 800 is an EV of 9.5 Sounds about right for an indoor shot under artificial light. I'm amazed the ISO 800 setting is so grain free.

Regards
    Barry

I'm Nobody.

andre,
    if you have a mooch on ebay you could prob get a pentax m42 135mm 3.5 pretty cheap
    I already have a 135mm Helios lens

i love my old camera's!
    i get such a profound level of satisfaction out of useing them and working out their foibles and such
    im selling my leica .. il buy another one one day i just dont use it enough so im selling it to a mate who has wanted one for years and will use it as his main camera
    im keeping my lenses though so i can use them on my voigtlander r2a and epson

the master 5/invacone is my fave lightmeter .. im on my second one... lost one on the malvern hills...
    Why don't you use your Leica (which model is it)? In your oinion do the Voigtlander and the Epson handle better?

I would never get rid of my Leicas - too much history, too much affection and respect for them. They'll go out with me!

Regards
    Barry

I'm David.

M6, I like to *use* my camera's but because my m6 was so nice I always just took out the r2a instead. just seems a bit wasted ... + I need the money at the mo for setting up the studio .... So something had to go! I'd prefer an m7 anyway, I only use my rangefinder for lower light more candid stuff so I prefer apeture priority for slightly quicker snapping.
    I might get a barnark one at some point maybe a iiic (if that is the first one with the rf/vf? Memory failier!)
    as forthe r2a and epson - not as solid as a leica either of them, and the r2a has a noisey metal bladed shutter which I don't like. My epson is a very early one so the sensor is right knackerd too... Both still an absolute pleasure to use though, they are perhaps fractionaly easier to hold with the rubber clad, more "ergonomic" bodys, I also have the side grip for the voigtlander which helps too. Clear vf's and rf's, although the shorter rf base lends it's self to focus inacuracies more easily especially with longer lenes. The epsons 1:1 vf is very nice - you can shoot with both eyes open - takes getting used to but it can be done! Rangefiner photography is definatly my prefered type! The voigtlander lens range is excenlent too - I can wholeheartedly recomend the 35mm 1.4 mc ... It really is a stunner for the money!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast