+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2 x Tele convertors

I'm David.

Barry
    I have the shelves to put up, I just don't have and screws at the mo! They were all on display in my old house, they are all useable (bar the 8mm bolex cine for obvious reasons) the Weston master 5 is my current meter and that Vito b (a superb bit
    of kit) is what I used to teach my self "real" photography! They were always kept in pride of place in the old house... It's just been a manic couple of months! When I have them sorted I'm going to catalog them in a blog style web site with photos ... I started doing it at the old house ( Hamishgill.blogspot.com ). I do care aboutthem Barry, I promise
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm openingabottleofwine.

HaHa,

Glad to see you like the look of and respect classic, nay vintage camera gear. The Voigtlander Vito series were lovely cameras and and excellent vehicle on which to learn photographic basics. I learnt on an old FED 3 (Russian 'copy' of a Leica III). Don't have it now; traded it in for an Exacta.

I have 8 camera bodies and about 20 lenses, all working and the Leicas are still used.

Despite having used a Gossen for a while, I've gone back to using Weston exposure meters. I have a IV, two V s and a Euromaster.

Look forward to reading your blog.
    Barry

I'm OneOfTheSevenModsWhoToldMarcoNotToLiftHarry'sBan.

You can get some good results using a 2 x converter,but as always the end result will only be as good as it's weakest link.

I took this pic using a 400m 2.8 and a doubler.

ATB

David

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by snapper View Post
    You can get some good results using a 2 x converter,but as always the end result will only be as good as it's weakest link.

I took this pic using a 400m 2.8 and a doubler.

A 400mm f/2.8! That must be one hell of a lens: the front objective would be around 140mm in diameter. Did you use a digital camera with image stablisation or a monopod? How long was the exposure? Judging by the depth of field, the lens must have been stopped down a certain amount.

Good photo nonetheless.

Regards
    Barry

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by barry.d.hunt View Post
    What is the Zenit model that you have Andre? If it is a Zenit E, then this has a Pentax M42 X1 lens mount thread.
    A Zenit 'E' & a 'TTL'

I'm David.

i love my old camera's!
    i get such a profound level of satisfaction out of useing them and working out their foibles and such
    im selling my leica .. il buy another one one day i just dont use it enough so im selling it to a mate who has wanted one for years and will use it as his main camera
    im keeping my lenses though so i can use them on my voigtlander r2a and epson

the master 5/invacone is my fave lightmeter .. im on my second one... lost one on the malvern hills...
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm David.

A 400mm f/2.8! That must be one hell of a lens: the front objective would be around 140mm in diameter. Did you use a digital camera with image stablisation or a monopod? How long was the exposure? Judging by the depth of field, the lens must have been stopped down a certain amount.

Good photo nonetheless.

Regards
    it was taken with a canon 1d with the following settings
    250th sec
    f/4
    iso-800
    560mm

arnt i sneaky

Did you use a digital camera with image stablisation or a monopod?

I use a monopod.

How long was the exposure? Judging by the depth of field, the lens must have been stopped down a certain amount.

Not exactly sure,but probably 500th sec,wide open,which would be 5.6.

Good photo nonetheless.

Regards

Thanks.
    ATB

David

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    A Zenit 'E' & a 'TTL'
    zenit e was both 39 and 42mm mount ... although if its the same as the ttl im guessing its m42?

Quote Originally Posted by hamish View Post
    it was taken with a canon 1d with the following settings
    250th sec
    f/4
    iso-800
    560mm

arnt i sneaky

My mistake,it was taken about 7 years ago.

I'm sure I used a doubler that night as well.Will need to find the CD with images on and u/l one using the doubler.
    ATB

David

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast