+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lovely Sennheiser HD600

I'm Shane.

Default The Lovely Sennheiser HD600

Just a quick silly review.

I know the HD600 quite well by now, having listening to them since 2011. I've owned a good few HD600's in different years, and very stupidly ended up selling them

Had a long (ish) listening session through the HD600 last night. These headphones just never fails to impress me. They sound sooooo! listenable and subtle. Nothing in the presentation is hyped, just natural. All the detail is present, but without sounding painful. Bass is deep with decent slam, just don't expect sub level bass through the HD600. If you want a little more weight and warmth, then perhaps consider the HD650. Another lovely headphone!

The HD600 is now going to be my endgame headphone. After listening to the HD600 again, and getting to understand them more. I can't return back to Grado's and other different brands. To really escape from the HD600, I'll have to spend huge amounts of money to find something that sounds better to my ears.

Please don't get me wrong. The HD600 are not the best headphones in the world. But for the money, you can't go wrong!

I'm bitterly cross with Sennheiser for discontinuing both the HD600 & HD650. Thanks to those fecking HD660S!!!! Go and watch Tyll's YouTube video (InnerFidelity). He's right and I agree.

Happy listening.

S.

I'm Bill.

Totally agree Shane, I've yet to find anything I prefer more than the 600's!

What amp are you using with them?
    Chord Mojo / Sennheiser HD600

I'm Shane.

Myryad Z40.

S.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Had a pair of 580’s I think it was many moons ago which were good.

I do like the PM3’s I have now though, good ‘phones.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Kevin.

I quite like my HD540 Reference II. They sound more neutral than my HD650.
    It would be interesting to see how they compare to the HD600.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Hugh.

The HD600 are the best bang for your buck in the headphone market. I auditioned them against the HD650 and decided they gave the more truthful/neutral presentation.

You can pay more for better if you want to, but the law of diminishing returns kicks in big-time.

I'm Svend.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    This chat is interesting. It's making me wonder how my old 1970's-era HD-424 sound compared to the new ones like the HD-600/650? Especially with the new cable I just made up for them? Would be fun to find a newer pair to do an A-B test...

I'm inactive.

Quote Originally Posted by southall-1998 View Post
    These headphones just never fails to impress me. They sound sooooo! listenable and subtle. Nothing in the presentation is hyped, just natural. All the detail is present, but without sounding painful.
    Agree 100%

I've had my HD600 for about two years now and they are definitely the best !! - also ridiculously comfortable; I do a lot of evening listening and usually forget I have them on ... until I stand up and walk away

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    I've got hd540ii, hd560, hd580 and hd600 and I have to say my preference is for the 540s. They are more detailed and revealing, some would say less warm and too bright but I would say it's clear from an A/B comparison what people were referring to when they coined the infamous phrase "Sennheiser veil". The 560s are an interesting halfway house in the evolution of Sennheiser's top 'phones, they're a bit closer to the 540s but in retrospect the direction of travel is clear.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by southall-1998 View Post
    Myryad Z40.

S.
    Me too, only with 650s. Amazing and versatile amplifier. Unfair comparison (change of pre.) but my 650s have never sounded so good, and I had a Headline powered by my 552 pre. for some years. At the recent disposal price, the Z40 is/was a total no-brainer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast