+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Cans!

I'm Geoff.

Default New Cans!

In anticipation of my move overseas I just bought a pair of Hifiman HE400i headphones.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I was a bit suspicious of the low price but saw it was sold direct from the manufacturer. Turns out it shipped directly from Hong Kong and took only 3 days to get here.

Despite the low impedance and high efficiency, these are not for your average portable music player. However, through a proper headphone amp or my Caiman SEG they sound fantastic, even out of the very glitzy box. Holding them up to the light, it looks as if they forgot to put any drivers in as they are near transparent to light. However, that is because of the lightness of the magnetic planar drive units. They remind me of my Maggie speakers: speed, detail, attack and an extended though not overblown bass. Only, downside (apart from hot ears) is that the cable is very short, but being detachable can be replaced.

Geoff
    Last edited by Sherwood; 16-03-2018 at 20:12.

I'm Hugh.

"We’re sorry. The Web address you entered is not a functioning page on our site."

I'm Geoff.

I'm Pavel.

That’s a fantastic price. I’m seriously tempted to buy a pair to replace my HE-400s (they still work perfectly, but look very tired, and I haven’t been able to disassemble the frame to paint it).

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Shovel_Knight View Post
    That’s a fantastic price. I’m seriously tempted to buy a pair to replace my HE-400s (they still work perfectly, but look very tired, and I haven’t been able to disassemble the frame to paint it).
    As I said, I was a bit worried by the low price, but they shipped directly from the factory so I need not have been concerned.

Geoff

I'm Lawrence.

I had a pair a while ago, and the 560s. In the end I sold them and got the he6, very happy with them.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

I'm Geoff.

I am really enjoying my new 400i headphones but a bit frustrated by the short headphone cable. I have seen some 3m replacement leads for sale but ideally would get a 5m set so that I can connect directly to my system from my listening chair. Any ideas?

Geoff

I'm Pavel.

These headphones use the same connectors as Sennheiser HD700, but HD700 cables are usually somewhat cheaper.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Shovel_Knight View Post
    These headphones use the same connectors as Sennheiser HD700, but HD700 cables are usually somewhat cheaper.
    good info.. thanks

I'm tony.

Grado 5m extension cable works very well-i use it with my 700s for movie duties.

I cant see a price for the cans, do you mind if i ask what you paid.

I love statics these would be right up my street methinks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast