+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: AOS Swapshop!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Made in 1968 View Post
    Well at £5 you wont loose any sleep if you dont like it. For me it took a slight sharp edge off the highs, Been plugged in for yonks so must be working for me..
    Well I've half a mind (!) to try one. I did the same when there was an offer on the Amptastic class D amplifier (going for, I think, <£50), and find it works well with my B&W DM2as used for AV duties.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Looking to swap my Avondale amplifiers for either a high end cd player or valve amp/amps. My amps are Avondale Grad 1 with TPX2 power supply and NCC300 spec 100 watt Voyager monoblock power amplifiers.

I'm Anto.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Well I've half a mind (!) to try one. I did the same when there was an offer on the Amptastic class D amplifier (going for, I think, <£50), and find it works well with my B&W DM2as used for AV duties.
    Well mine came a couple of days ago . I set it up albeit with a coaxial digital input as my Denon CD player does not have a Toslink for some reason (much be a cheap thing lol )
    Pleasantly pleased , I even turned off Pure Direct on the Yamaha amp and listened to a bit of Supertramp . Bit more treble and wooo , really enjoyed it . There again I did not spend ten minutes listening just through the rca to rca out puts on the cd /amp , the way it was before !
    This cheapskate is easily pleased !!!
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Andre.

I kinda got that. So wot you recon?

I'm Anto.

I am not good at describing sound uplifts /differences ,but I am quietly pleased ,and not sure if I will revert it back to how it was before , just to compare it ! lol
    So no semi scientific results can be derived from this first impression , but yes , it seems good for the money

I'm Andre.

What it did to my CD player was made it not as loud, which is what i initially wanted

I'm Andre.

Better with a proper PSU

I'm Anto.

Quote Originally Posted by Made in 1968 View Post
    Better with a proper PSU
    I powered if off a spare phone charger unit

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Floyddroid View Post
    Looking to swap my Avondale amplifiers for either a high end cd player or valve amp/amps. My amps are Avondale Grad 1 with TPX2 power supply and NCC300 spec 100 watt Voyager monoblock power amplifiers.
    Sorted

I'm Steve.

Default Unison Research Smart 845 monoblock SE valve power amps

Swap my Unison Smart 845 SE monoblock power amps for hi end CDP or Phono stage of similar value. Excellent condition in full working order. Re advertising after the fall of a sale. Collection from TS25 or meet within a reasonable distance adheing to social distancing. I have boxed these amps for collection though i do not want to ship them via courier as they are fragile.

Last edited by Floyddroid; 28-06-2020 at 10:19. Reason: Adding image

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast