+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: Desktop system: NHT Zeros and Sabaj BT amp/dac £40

I'm Lawrence.

Default FS: Desktop system: NHT Zeros and Sabaj BT amp/dac £40

Due to a change around I'm selling my WFH desktop system. It consists of a pair of NHT Super Zero Xu speakers and a small Sabaj A3 digital amp..

The speakers are a "rugged" variant of the standard Super Zero with the same drivers but are supposed to sound better due to the more inert rigid cabinet.

Stereophile really liked the original Super Zeroes.

https://www.stereophile.com/content/...bwoofer-page-3

Not so much on the net about the Xus but I found this

http://www.audioreview.com/product/s...erzero-xu.html

They come with the rubber bases to tilt them up slightly on the desk. They have some marks/rubs on the sides which can probably be cleaned off and one dust caps is a bit pressed in but this should be able to be got out with a bit of suction.

The Sabaj is a neat little Bluetooth amp with micro usb/optical DAC and analogue Aux in. I chose it as, unlike most mini class d amps, the digital inputs stay in the digital domain right up to the output. It has loads of EQ options if you want to warm up the sound of the mini monitors or boost the bass which is very effective. It comes complete with remote and 19v SMPS.

It has a few issues, some of the pixels in the display have gone but you can still see what it says. You have to press some buttons on the remote a bit harder but everything can be done from the controls on the amp. The Bluetooth aerial can get loose but it stays in of you don't knock it and I've never had a dropped connection. Basically your getting this free with the speakers anyway.

£40 collection from N London but I'll post at buyer's cost and risk and pack the speakers well.

I'm Lawrence.

Bump. The speakers normally go for twice what I'm asking for the lot.

I'm Lawrence.

Sold. Now to shift my stunning Accuphase amp

+ Reply to Thread