+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What'Ya Doin' This Weekend ?

I'm Robert.

Default What'Ya Doin' This Weekend ?

I'm preaching on the Resurrection at my local church Covering Corinthians Chapter 15 v1-34, which is the part of Paul's Letter to the church in Corinth, where he tackles the subject and in particular sceptics causing issues in the church there at the time - It's a meaty one ! https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...34&version=NIV

Will be prepping tonight and best part of tomorrow for Sunday morning's service - wish me luck
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Modified Technics SL1210 MK5G
    Mike New precision bearing, bearing base plate, ETP Platter
    Micro Seiki MA-202 tonearm, rewired, hybrid ceramic bearings
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge
    Yannis Tome 423.5 Silver-Litz tonearm cable with KLEI Pure Silver Harmony plugs
    Ebony armboard
    Audio Technica MS-8 Magnesium headshell, Ortofon pure silver headshell leads
    Isonoe Isolation Feet
    Paul Hynes SR7EHD PSU (plus regulator modules), DCSXL pure-silver DC lead with Jaegar low impedance connector
    CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable, Airlock plugs - bare wire amp end.
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket, Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs with Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm GettingFunky.

I am adding power sockets, worktops and cupboards to the utility room.

I need more luck than you!
    Contemplating life, the universe and use of HiFi forums.

Life is too short to worry about the opinion of others.

I'm Martin.

Picking up my monoblocks from Alan(Firebottle) I

I'm Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    I'm preaching on the Resurrection at my local church Covering Corinthians Chapter 15 v1-34, which is the part of Paul's Letter to the church in Corinth, where he tackles the subject and in particular sceptics causing issues in the church there at the time - It's a meaty one ! https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...34&version=NIV

Will be prepping tonight and best part of tomorrow for Sunday morning's service - wish me luck
    fantastic , hope it goes well , would love to hear it. used to do a bit of preaching myself years ago !!!
    1]bel canto pre 3 vbs /MSB s200 , / onkyo sacd/ bel canto fm1
    sonos, . tannoy eaton legacy 2]schiit saga pre , firebottle mono`s marantz sa8005 bel canto 3.5vbss and RFC impulse ta`us , track audio stands

I'm Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    Picking up my monoblocks from Alan(Firebottle) I
    excellent stuff , you have a treat in store . enjoy your visit to tipton !
    1]bel canto pre 3 vbs /MSB s200 , / onkyo sacd/ bel canto fm1
    sonos, . tannoy eaton legacy 2]schiit saga pre , firebottle mono`s marantz sa8005 bel canto 3.5vbss and RFC impulse ta`us , track audio stands

I'm availableforweddingsAndBarmitzvas.

Luck!
    Thanks for sharing Robert.
    Touch just one person...and job done...God or no God, positive feelings going forward, never a bad thing.

Me...works been hectic last couple of Months, weekend of Netflix binging, bring it on!
    have hifi n stuff

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Will be prepping tonight and best part of tomorrow for Sunday morning's service - wish me luck...
    Nice one, Rob - and I certainly wish you the best of luck! As long as you're not fazed by public speaking, present yourself well, and know your subject inside out, you'll be fine

I've not done any preaching (not really my thing, the preaching that is, not the religious aspect), as I prefer to be on the other side of the pulpit, aside from when I do readings from the bible, at my local church, which I participate in regularly.

I've been doing that for years, sometimes in front of huge congregations, which doesn't faze me at all. I rather enjoy it, as you feel much more a part of the celebration of mass that way. Hope it all goes well for you

Pity someone in the audience couldn't 'YouTube' it!

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

BE HAPPY EVERYDAY!

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Nice one, Rob - and I certainly wish you the best of luck! As long as you're not fazed by public speaking, present yourself well, and know your subject inside out, you'll be fine

I've not done any preaching (not really my thing, the preaching that is, not the religious aspect), as I prefer to be on the other side of the pulpit, aside from when I do readings from the bible, at my local church, which I participate in regularly.

I've been doing that for years, sometimes in front of huge congregations, which doesn't faze me at all. I rather enjoy it, as you feel much more a part of the celebration of mass that way. Hope it all goes well for you

Pity someone in the audience couldn't 'YouTube' it!

Marco.
    Hey Marco and fellow music loving AOSers !

Just so you dont think I was tellin' porkies a fellow church member recorded procedings on his phone and just messaged to say It's now on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8btOwnoH6o

Every blessing
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Modified Technics SL1210 MK5G
    Mike New precision bearing, bearing base plate, ETP Platter
    Micro Seiki MA-202 tonearm, rewired, hybrid ceramic bearings
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge
    Yannis Tome 423.5 Silver-Litz tonearm cable with KLEI Pure Silver Harmony plugs
    Ebony armboard
    Audio Technica MS-8 Magnesium headshell, Ortofon pure silver headshell leads
    Isonoe Isolation Feet
    Paul Hynes SR7EHD PSU (plus regulator modules), DCSXL pure-silver DC lead with Jaegar low impedance connector
    CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable, Airlock plugs - bare wire amp end.
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket, Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs with Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Well done Rob.

In my career I have had to present papers at international conferences to an audiences of anywhere between 50 to 200. Hated it - even when using Power Point presentations, and the auditorium was dark.
    Have you listened to this month's choice in the Album Club?

Barry

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Respect, Rob - that was phenomenal! A very impassioned and emotional delivery of a subject very dear to my heart

Love the drum kit, at the side! How often is that used, bro?

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

BE HAPPY EVERYDAY!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast