+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dali Zensor 3 vs Dali Zensor 7

I'm Dave.

Default Dali Zensor 3 vs Dali Zensor 7

I have a relation who has just bought a pair of Zensor 3s in the last 5 weeks and he talking about selling them and buying the Zensors 7s, the question is he's expecting a big increase in his music, not forgetting he also runs a BK XLS 200 sub. Personally I think he should run the 3s in more and see what he thinks is missing from his current setup with the BK XLS 200.

My thoughts are he will get a bit more bass from the 7s but not enough to satisfy his door shaking requirements on the bass he likes.

I personally think he wont be happy with the 7s as he wants a big increase and I don't think he will get it? I could be wrong as I have never heard the 7s and another option he mentioned in Monitor Audio Bronze 6s

The rest of his system is as per my signature, and I'm perfectly happy with mine
    Amp Rega Elex-R
    CDP Denon DCD 520
    Tuner Teac T-R650 Dab/FM
    Music Player Pioneer N30 Network Player
    DAC Rega Dac-R
    Speakers Q Acoustic Concept 40s
    Speaker Cable Current is Rega FSC Quattro , Fisual S-Flex Studio 2.5mm / Ortofon SPK 100
    Interconnects Van Damme Silver Plated OFC Pro Classic XKE CDP/Tuner & Solid Silver Cyro 99.99% Pure, Dac To Amp
    Headphones AKG K550 mk3
    SUB BK XLS 200

I'm Dave.

No one got any ideas how they would sound ? or any floor stander in the £600 bracket
    Amp Rega Elex-R
    CDP Denon DCD 520
    Tuner Teac T-R650 Dab/FM
    DAC Rega Dac-R
    Speaker Cable Current is Rega FSC Quattro , Fisual S-Flex Studio 2.5mm / Ortofon SPK 100
    Interconnects Van Damme Silver Plated OFC Pro Classic XKE CDP/Tuner & Solid Silver Cyro 99.99% Pure, Dac To Amp
    Headphones AKG K550 mk3
    SUB BK XLS 200

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotist View Post
    No one got any ideas how they would sound ? or any floor stander in the £600 bracket
    I'd let him get on with it and see what he thinks
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Dave.

I'm trying to save him disappointment and money, bar the extra mid range the 3s are almost the same and in my mind not a big jump he's expecting. Just wondered what others opinions were here?
    Amp Rega Elex-R
    CDP Denon DCD 520
    Tuner Teac T-R650 Dab/FM
    DAC Rega Dac-R
    Headphones AKG K550 mk3
    SUB BK XLS 200

I'm Lawrence.

From my experience with other brands eg kef and mission, going up the speaker curve of a given range gives you more bass and higher volume levels without distortion. However, if I had a sub I probably wouldn't worry about the first issue. I might still think it was worth it if I played my music very loud though.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

I'm Gary.

Have the Zensor 5's, they take a while for the bass to bed in, but even fresh out the packet it was quite deep and drove the groove along nicely.

Expect the 7s will have deeper bass again given bigger drive units, but even at tbe 5 level bass is great.

Wouldnt use small floorstanders in large room though, especially if bass depth is an important factor to you.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Dave.

Here is where the trouble could be, the room is only approx 8ft x 10ft and due to its shape you cannot sit between the 2 speakers, your off to the right and the right speaker is opposite where you sit, big compromise and not the best arrangement.
    Amp Rega Elex-R
    CDP Denon DCD 520
    Tuner Teac T-R650 Dab/FM
    DAC Rega Dac-R
    Headphones AKG K550 mk3
    SUB BK XLS 200

I'm Timothy.

That could be a tough proposition there room-wise. He might try to find some of the smaller Mirage Omni speakers, can't recall the exact model right off hand(Omnisats?). Those always worked in unusual rooms or listening positions...FWIW
    Holbo TT-Nag 110-Croft phono/Innuos Zen MK2/LinnenberG Telemann DAC-Preamp/LinnenberG Allegro monoblocs/Duevel Venus/LinnenberG Maestro SE-Senn. 660S DH Labs cabling

Croft Series 7 amps, WLM La Scala, Naim Uniti1, Naim Nait XS3, Naim ND5XS2, Guru Junior

I'm Dave.

He's only about 5 weeks ago just bought Dali Zensor 3s and I'm trying to avoid a disappointment is floor standers, he's expecting a BIG improvement and we know that costs serious money, and a possible change of amp from his A-S501 yamaha which is only about 6 months old.
    Amp Rega Elex-R
    CDP Denon DCD 520
    Tuner Teac T-R650 Dab/FM
    DAC Rega Dac-R
    Headphones AKG K550 mk3
    SUB BK XLS 200

+ Reply to Thread