+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mitsubishi DA-U310 Integrated - Advice Please?

I'm Ade.

Default Mitsubishi DA-U310 Integrated - Advice Please?

Hello,
    First proper post here and already I'm asking for your undivided attention and advice for free... Some people eh!
    A bit of background info first.

Currently I own an EAR834 which has been having a couple of minor issues, valve bases and an annoying rustling sound occasionally which I believe is a loose connection somewhere. The item has been to a repair agent who has repaired it but same faults have come back again and I now feel the best resolve is to send it back to EAR and let them fettle it.

So, whilst it's back in Cambridge, I'd rather not be without sounds. I have seen on Gumtree a Mitsubishi DA-U310 vintage amp, mid 80's iirc?
    I have found some interesting renovation info on a USA forum via Google. However, the seller in UK informs me although it has been serviced and controls cleaned, presume a quick spray etc and the DC offset been adjusted the UV lamps aren't working.

Does anyone have any info regarding this amp, seller is asking 100, I've offered less and price is now 85 which I think is a little high still, considering caps might & lamps will need changing which I'd have to pay someone to do.

According to what info I can find, this amp is supposedly pretty decent in the bass department; which my Neat's seem to appreciate from the EAR.

Thoughts anyone, prices or alternatives please around this cheap price point?
    Thanks.

I'm Geoff.

It's a bit of an obscure amplifier and don't think that it was specifically a British market model, more targeted at European countries like Germany. I believe the mains requirement is 220 volts. Not keen on amps that have a plastic carcass anyway.

For that kind of money, I'd be inclined to get a Denon PMA-350SE. That will drive Tannoys well and sound very decent doing so.

I'm Martin.

It may well be a decent amp but Mitsubishi is not a desirable brand (not for any real reason, it just isn't) so it is not worth 100. With the problems I'd say 40 is about the limit.

Listen to Geoff and get the Denon he recommends. It is a known quantity, competent and usually reliable
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Technics SLP1200 CD Player * NVA P90SA passive pre / Krell KSA50S Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

'This is the sort of music I'd be listening to if I was going shopping for a training bra.'

I'm Ade.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    For that kind of money, I'd be inclined to get a Denon PMA-350SE. That will drive Tannoys well and sound very decent doing so.
    Thanks for the info. Not sure about the Tannoys as I have Neat Isobariks but I'm sure if it handles Tannoys well, the Neats should be no problem.

Is the PMA-520AE an upgrade or not as good, do you know? Asking as completed listings on a well known site show plenty sold just before I started looking and not much choice now!
    Thanks...

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Parcelmonkey View Post
    Is the PMA-520AE an upgrade or not as good, do you know?
    I doubt if it's better. It's a totally unrelated recent model and I've not been particularly impressed by the finish on the AE series amps I've seen.

There's a very nice looking PMA-350SE on ebay. Boxed and looks mint in the photos, also has the optional phono stage, which is rather good.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Denon-PMA...IAAOSw1RVafdIs

Alternatively you could put a 'wanted' ad in our Private Exhibitions section. I wouldn't be surprised if somebody has one.

I'm not saying it's the best amp in the world, but I'd back one against anything else at the price!

+ Reply to Thread