+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Garrard 301 & 401 platters, interchangeable?

I'm mark.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    Yes, nicked idea from Shindo. It cost's nowhere near £1K to produce a platter. A classic example of stupid prices being paid. I'll take my chances with this potential new product.
    There's a bearing there too, but I get the point

I swapped 301 onto 401 today and it fitted, funny my memory said 'No'

I'm Clive.

The height of 301 and 401 differs by a few mm. You may need to shim the bearing to ensure the platter doesn't foul the chassis.

I put a 401 bearing in my 301, the platter was extremely close to the chassis.
    TT 1 Trans-Fi Salvation with magnetic bearing + Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro + London Reference
    TT 2 Garrard 301 with NWA main bearing + Audiomods Series Six 10.5" + Ortofon 2M Mono SE
    Digital Lindemann Bridge + Gustard R26 with LB external clock
    Pre and Power Amp EWA M40P + M40A
    Bass Amp & DSP Behringer iNuke NU3000DSP x 2
    Speakers 1 Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo with twin baffleless 15" bass drivers per side
    Speakers 2 MarkaudioSota Viotti Tower

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Clive View Post
    The height of 301 and 401 differs by a few mm. You may need to shim the bearing to ensure the platter doesn't foul the chassis.

I put a 401 bearing in my 301, the platter was extremely close to the chassis.
    Yep I also used to run the 401 bearing, I just used x3 1mm washers and it did the job perfectly. I'm not using the standard 301 bearing either. I've been through the standard 301 bearing, the Bastin modded 301 bearing, the 401 original bearing and now the SPH. The SPH is the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Have you asked AudioGrail? I would have thought if anyone can answer your question it would be him.
    That was on my list of stuff to do!

Quote Originally Posted by DiveDeepDog View Post
    There's a bearing there too, but I get the point

I swapped 301 onto 401 today and it fitted, funny my memory said 'No'
    Great! Thanks for trying it as well.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Sien.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    ........... I'm not using the standard 301 bearing either. I've been through the standard 301 bearing, the Bastin modded 301 bearing, the 401 original bearing and now the SPH. The SPH is the best......
    Thanks for the compliments!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12