+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Arrivals.... RFC Corner 'Rutland' Cabinets incorporating Tannoy 12” Monitor Gold

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    thanks to Adam (and Penny) for being such super hosts. It's fantastic to see someone create a system like this, each part sourced with thought and care from the artisan ecosystem that surrounds and supports our wee community. This is my way of doing stuff too (as it is for many here) and it's so fab when it all comes together.
    Very Kind words indeed Tom, I'm really chuffed you thought so highly of the system and the synergy. I know you have a good ear and I also know if you heard weaknesses you'd have been honest in highlighting them. I will be sure to pass your impressions on to David Coe, the designer of the AD Audio Satchmo pre/phono. We always believed it would be a top class pre amp when he was building it, its great to know it hit the spot.

It was a great afternoon/evening, thank you for making the effort to come over and bringing the arsenal of cartridges.
    The monos were a real revelation, it's my next quest as i must own a few thousand late period mono LPs and it was evident I am missing out on their full sonic potential. The Royal N was knockout on the stereo set up.

I was pretty confident you would approve of the whole presentation but there was always that worry on the first needle drop! It's great to get other people's opinions and impressions and even better when such people have been through as much kit as yourself. But your comments resonate with me regarding the independent Hifi community and especially those on AoS. Without a platform like this for us all to forage, learn and share I certainly would have missed out on a whole other world of audio pleasure. It's great we can approach our hobbie from an alternative angle. So thanks to all on here who generously contribute their experiences and knowledge and especially the people who keep it going as such a vibrant community and resource for us all.

Feels bloody marvellous when the kit comes together. Now for some Coltrane...
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Geoff.

The 'Rutland' cabinets are beautiful Adam. A credit to RFC and Paul and I'm sure they sound superb.

I'm Julian.

Hi Adam, congrats on your magnificent speakers! Quite stunning to behold.

I was wondering if you have any photos of the interiors? I would love to see how they look if poss.
    Sonore Rendu - Cambridge Audio Edge W - Sonus Faber Venere 2.5

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by julesd68 View Post
    Hi Adam, congrats on your magnificent speakers! Quite stunning to behold.

I was wondering if you have any photos of the interiors? I would love to see how they look if poss.
    Hi Julian, I don't actually, but I'd imagine Paul Coupe at RFC may.
    Thank you for your nice comments.

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    The 'Rutland' cabinets are beautiful Adam. A credit to RFC and Paul and I'm sure they sound superb.
    Thank you Geoff, I have to say if You hadn't suggested I go to hear the 12'' Monitor Gold drivers, these lovely things probably wouldn't have been built for me.

I'm Charlie.

Great to hear how this has all come together, Adam - seems like you have an absolutely fantastic set-up which should hopefully give you years of listening pleasure! Was a great write-up and read also!

I just wanted to reiterate the points made about the generosity of both Paul and Tom - both have been incredibly kind to me and important in putting me on the hi-fi path I am currently running headlong down.

(Can't wait to get the crossovers that Paul is currently working on for the 15" HPDs I recently got my hands on - background to follow in a proper post when I get some time!)

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Sophistry View Post
    Great to hear how this has all come together, Adam - seems like you have an absolutely fantastic set-up which should hopefully give you years of listening pleasure! Was a great write-up and read also!

I just wanted to reiterate the points made about the generosity of both Paul and Tom - both have been incredibly kind to me and important in putting me on the hi-fi path I am currently running headlong down.

(Can't wait to get the crossovers that Paul is currently working on for the 15" HPDs I recently got my hands on - background to follow in a proper post when I get some time!)
    Cheers Charlie, you are in for a treat with the Crossovers!
    What cabinets are they/(will be) in?

I'm Charlie.

Currently in standard Arden Mk1 cabinets. They are currently slightly too resonant, so Paul has explained what I need to do to brace them and sort the internal dampening out etc - I will need him to talk me through it in more detail at some point so that I get it right!

At some point in the future, I will change the cabinets, but for the price I got them I am very happy - seems like a good way to start on the Tannoy journey!

New turntable arriving shortly, and then I have to sort my amp and preamp situation out. The AD Audio preamp you have has certainly piqued my interest - I have really been looking for an EAR Yoshino 868PL (in fact getting scammed out of a tidy sum of money when trying to buy one which it looks like I am unlikely to get back), but they are few and far between and very expensive. This AD Audio or a Croft preamp sound like they could be pretty good matches and great value for money!

Anyway, enough about my changes - really, very happy that it has all paid off for you and how happy you seem to be with it all!
    Last edited by Sophistry; 28-03-2018 at 13:29.

I'm Andrew.

Welcome to the RFC Tannoy club. I'm really pleased that things worked out for you.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by WESTLOWER View Post
    But your comments resonate with me regarding the independent Hifi community and especially those on AoS. Without a platform like this for us all to forage, learn and share I certainly would have missed out on a whole other world of audio pleasure. It's great we can approach our hobbie from an alternative angle. So thanks to all on here who generously contribute their experiences and knowledge and especially the people who keep it going as such a vibrant community and resource for us all.
    Nice one, Adam. The above is the very raison d'κtre of AoS, and what makes this place special - so long may we hear of your adventures!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast