+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your Three Most Loved Digital Sources

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    Andre - that CD73 looks different, can't say I've ever seen one before. Do you have a photo of it open?
    Philips CD303 was horrible in comparison.

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Bleedin' hell Andre, that mech's got an action worse than Arkwright's cash register !!

Ggggggggranville, wwwwwwhere are you ?
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

MartinT Guest

Thanks Andre, for the video and The Police.

That mechanism needs a little damping, don't you think? Intriguing, though.

I used to get many admirers when loading up my old Sony SCD-1. The sliding top door was always a talking point.

I'm Nobody.

Too rught chris but it's actually not as nasty in the flesh as it looks on that vid..

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Not sure which I find more amazing: the Venus Flytrap acuity of the drawer (Arkwright's till indeed!), or the fact that people take video footage of their tuntables, CD players, reel-to-reel tape recorders in action for YouTube?

Regards
    Barry

I'm Adam.

Marantz CD94. I love it for its sound, but not the fact that it gets through a set of belts every 18 months or so.

Bang & Olufsen Beogram CDX - the coolest CD player ever. Sounds quite nice in a 'warm and friendly' kind of way, too.

All the others I've owned have been unremarkable, unreliable or, in the case of the ones made by Philips - both.
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    Marantz CD94. I love it for its sound, but not the fact that it gets through a set of belts every 18 months or so.
    Yeh i noticed tuther Sunday

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Especially for all you Ken Ishiwata "haters": (DSJR especially loves them, I know! )

Marantz CD63 KI Signature CD Player
    Marantz CD6000 OSE KI Signature CD Player
    Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD/CD Player - this in particular is a bit of a hidden gem IMHO, (WTF having got bored with KI kit and not even bothering to review the latest stuff?) and sounds incredibly analogue.

I'm sure there is plenty of better stuff out there that I don't know about, but for someone on a limited budget I've always found the KI players more than held their own against similarly priced Arcam, Rotel Sony etc. when auditioned, so I've been a happy bunny for the past 14 years.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm ChrisB.

From The Grave

I'm Martin.

1) Cambridge CD4SE - made instruments sound like real instruments, especially brass.

2) Sony CDP791E - totally different from the above but did proper bass and dynamics

3) Three? that's one too many - maybe the original Oppo universal player - versatial and pleasantly boppy. Not many used ones out there for sale, which says something I think.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast