I’m glad you enjoy them young Barry

I'm Barry.

Cheers old Mike

I'm Michael.

Barry what amp do you use with them ?

I'm Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael loves music View Post
    Barry what amp do you use with them ?
    Sonneteer Alabaster 55watts , I haven't tried them with anything else and unlikely to in the foreseeable future as its so right . The toe-in on the speakers is quite severe , the manual recommends so you cannot see either side of the speaker from the listening position , mine are 7.5 feet apart with my seat being the same distance . I took a chance with the ProAcs , couldn't really lose at the price , they retailed at £1049 and their replacements the SM100 are about £1800 I think. The ones you saw in the charity shop went very cheap , if they had of done their research perhaps they were ProAc Tabletes ?

I'm Steve.

Might be a coincidence, but I've just spotted a pair of Proac Studio 115 on Ebay, sold by British Heart Foundation Leeds. Starting price £165.

Someone at the shop probably decided they would get more in auction.
    'I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested'

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Might be a coincidence, but I've just spotted a pair of Proac Studio 115 on Ebay, sold by British Heart Foundation Leeds. Starting price £165.

And it is a charity shops responsibility, reason to be to make money to support the charity and its work. I do sometimes see things overpriced but being honest that would still be a reasonable price.
    Regards Neil

System 1 (Living Room) : Vinyl: AMG Giro Turntable, AMG 9W2 Tonearm, AMG Reference Armcable, Air Tight PC3 MC Cartridge PhonoStage: Passlabs Xono Digital: Esoteric P5 SACD Transport and Esoteric P 5 DAC, Sony HAP Z1es Digital File Player + Audioquest Jitter Bug, Computer Audio: Veracity Audio Mystra DAC + HP laptop + iFi Audio i Power, Wireworld Starlight USB + Audioquest Jitter Bug Tuner:Revox B760 + Magnum Dynalab Signal Sleuth FM Amplifier Cassette Tape: Nakamichi CR5e Integrated Amplifier: Balanced Audio Technology VK300se Speakers: Anthony Gallo Reference 3.1 Audio Cabling: Signal - Atlas Mavros, Audience AU24 Speaker - Atlas Mavros. Mains Cabling: Audience AU24, Analysis Plus, TCI. Mains Distribution: Mark Grant Distribution Blocks, Mark Grant DC Blocker Equipment Tables: Target Audio B series + Track Audio Isolation Spikes Isolation/ Platforms: Bright Star Audio Isonodes, BASE 01, SSC Platforms.

System 2 (Music Room) : Vinyl: Turntable 1 Loricraft Garrard 401 Turntable + SME 5 Tonearm, Graham IC70 Tonearm Cable + VDH MC10 cartridge Turntable 2 Modified Technics 1200 turntable + Triplannar 7 Tonearm + VDH Frog Gold Cartridge + Paul Hynes SR7 PSU Turntable 3 SME Model 20 Turntable + Graham Phantom Tonearm + Graham IC70 Tonearm Cable, Ortofon MC5200 Cartridge PhonoStage: Balanced Audio Technology VK10se Digital: Moon Andromeda CD Player, Toshiba 9500 DVD Audio Player Computer Audio: AMR DP777 DAC + Dell Laptop + iFi Audio i Power + JKenny JKSPIDIF + Wireworld Starlight USB Tuners: Kenwood 8300 Tuner, Revox B760 Tuner, Leak Troughline Tuner + EAR Stereo Decoder ReelToReel Tape: Revox B77 mk 2, Revox A77 mk3, Sony TC-377 Cassette Tape: Nakamichi DR10 Headphone: Audio Valve RKV2 OTL Valve Headphone Amp, Headphones Grado GS 1000, Sennheiser 560 Ovation2, Sennheiser 410SL Pre-Amplifier: Balanced Audio Technology VK52se Power-Amplifier: Music Reference RM200 mk1 Speakers: Anthony Gallo Reference 3.5 Audio Cabling: Signal - Audience AU24, Kimber KCAG, Audio Note ANVs, Barry Hunt Cables Speaker - XLO Type 6. Mains Cabling: Audience AU24, TCI. Mains Distribution: Mark Grant and Russ Andrews Equipment Tables: Clear Light Audio Aspekt Tacks Isolation/Platform: SSC, Bright Star Audio Isonodes, Naim Frame Record Cleaner: Hanns Audio

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post

Makes sense, who wanders around charity shops looking for high end speakers? Other than me, of course
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Technics SLP1200 CD Player * NVA P90SA passive pre / Krell KSA50S Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

'This is the sort of music I'd be listening to if I was going shopping for a training bra.'

I'm Michael.

Me too Martin

I'm martin.

Well that 3 of us then, although it seems to be just two names. Noticed that charity shops are raising prices on everything from cds up.
    Please take good care of your S2k keep it by your side for long and enjoy it from the bottom of your heart and share the quality and legacy of the S2k with many friends so that the legend of the S2k will continue for long. Shigeru Uehara Designer Honda S2000.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123