+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My Technics SL1200 MKII journey

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by martian sunrise View Post
    I’ve recently got one of the oyaide rubber mats and it’s the best I’ve tried so far.
    Fling a link Richard
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Richie.

http://www.analogueseduction.net/tur...table-mat.html

I paid about half that from a Japanese seller

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

I think I must get that Oyaide B12 mat. 5 mm so perfect thickness.
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by martian sunrise View Post
    I’ve recently got one of the oyaide rubber mats and it’s the best I’ve tried so far.
    Richie looked at these for a bit now. Would you say they make a good difference as like all other Oyaide stuff but doesn't come cheap.
    Technics SL1210 MK2 fully rebuilt and repainted. Ortofon 2M Black Cart, Isonoe isolation feet , MN bearing and Funk Firm platter upgrade, Oyaide RCA Tone Arm and speaker cables, Jelco SA-750D Tonearm. Oyaide HS-TF Carbon headshell, MCRU Linear External PSU, High Fidelity Crystal glass turntable matt, Blue LED upgrade, Denon AVR-2808CI Amp, Bowers and Wilkins DM602S3 Speakers,
    Black Rhodium Jazz power cables for amp and turntable, Firebottle mk2 Phono Stage.

I'm Richie.

Do you want to try it?

I only tried it against the acrylic mat and and the acrylic mat with a 1mm neoprene may underneath. It was a definite improvement. I had tried cork, resomat, acromat etc previously. Some weren’t flat and some weren’t an improvement

I'm KEVIN.

As far as mats go I have tried about 5 different types the two that really made the most improvement were the Oyaide metal mat and the Kab polyglass mat under the stock thin mat and out of these two I like the Kab setup best at this time but as always with a different cartridge may have to select a different mat to obtain the best sound.

I'm Mick.

Running with a High Fidelity Crystal glass turntable matt on a standard platter at the moment and that has sounded the most musical so stuck with it. The best for sound was the MN Bearing and MN ETP platter but for what ever reason I sold them to buy a second turntable and my Techie has regretted it since that moment of madness. I probably won't ever see these for sale again but they do create a totally different turntable.
    Technics SL1210 MK2 fully rebuilt and repainted. Ortofon 2M Black Cart, Isonoe isolation feet , MN bearing and Funk Firm platter upgrade, Oyaide RCA Tone Arm and speaker cables, Jelco SA-750D Tonearm. Oyaide HS-TF Carbon headshell, MCRU Linear External PSU, High Fidelity Crystal glass turntable matt, Blue LED upgrade, Denon AVR-2808CI Amp, Bowers and Wilkins DM602S3 Speakers,
    Black Rhodium Jazz power cables for amp and turntable, Firebottle mk2 Phono Stage.

I'm Andrew.

I never fell in with the MN ETP platter, and whilst it was very very slightly ahead of his older designs (to which I still have sitting on my 1210) I could never justify the ?£700 expense. The best mat I have ever heard is the SSS SPH platter mat (of which I reviewed), it ousted my Crystal mat which now sits on my Lenco 75!
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubster68 View Post
    Running with a High Fidelity Crystal glass turntable matt on a standard platter at the moment and that has sounded the most musical so stuck with it. The best for sound was the MN Bearing and MN ETP platter but for what ever reason I sold them to buy a second turntable and my Techie has regretted it since that moment of madness. I probably won't ever see these for sale again but they do create a totally different turntable.
    Can only agree totally Mick, The ETP took my techie to a level of rightness.

Instead of adding, it simply took away, allowing the techie to grow up into what I hoped it could be, a proper audiophile turntable.

It didnt add a flavour of any kind (always a massive plus and want in my book, in this game), what it did do was bring out a level of rightness to the techies presentation I was hoping for.

This is most likely due to the non-resonant nature of the Engineered Teflon Plastic structure used - it's a winner in the true sense of hi-fidelity for me.

I detect no flavour with the ETP. Music is presented through cart, speakers, system duty, which equates to music being pulled from the grooves and presented with a sense of accuracy.

The ETP plays a big part in that, no doubt in my experience.
    Last edited by RobbieGong; 16-12-2018 at 23:35.
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm steve.

Default My Technics SL1200 MKII journey

With the standard of turntable you have it definitely deserves a better cartridge, I’ve got an AT95EX on my ATLP5 turntable and at its price (£42) I think it’s excellent, if you can afford to go up a little in price the new Goldring E3 (£80) is getting lots of rave reviews, that’s the way I’ll be going when I eventually change mine.
    Btw if you like a relaxed but detailed sound try a cork mat, I use one on my No 1 deck, a Rega P3 and prefer it to the standard wool mat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast