+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: The System

I'm Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Glad you're impressed Dan. It's a long time since I heard any, but I have a lasting impression of devastating bass. Tighter than that from the pure transmission line big IMF's.
    We first demoed them on the floor a big no no but on the stands tight and clean bass and the mid is gorgeous got to be careful with lifting them not the lightest running them in for a couple of days i got a free Pioneer PD 203 cd player from a friend also not to bad of a day really must stop now though...
    Pre & Power
    Technics SUC 909U & Technics SE A909S
    Turntable
    Thorens TD 125 MK1 , SME 3009 S2 Non Improved , Shure V15 II , SME 2000 Plinth
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Marantz 6005 , Beresford Caiman , Paul Hynes SR4
    Loudspeakers
    Tannoy 615 MK2

I'm Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazeur1 View Post
    Very nice Dan, enjoy the tunes!
    Will do Tim

Currently Pink Floyd..
    Pre & Power
    Turntable
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Loudspeakers
    Tannoy 615 MK2

I'm Dan.

PS now the right way round from the markers on the covers...

Pre & Power
    Turntable
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Loudspeakers
    Tannoy 615 MK2

I'm Dan.

Sure are getting better and better with each listen even hearing some things i have never hear before and i own 2 sets of good Tannoys and to say they will be my reference speaker from now on is saying something i think you would need to spend thousands to have this level of quality today thats truly why i love vintage HI FI theirs is stuff you just cannot beat today and im using Technics and to think what they would be like something British excites me even more the cleanest speakers i have ever heard on Vinyl too...
    Pre & Power
    Turntable
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Loudspeakers
    Tannoy 615 MK2

I'm Edward.

Good to hear you are loving your IMFs Dan. As I think I mentioned to you (in another thread?) I also got my IMFs (ALS30) back up and running and they sure are good. Nice tight sound all round with incredible bass considering their size. I'm now limbering up to do a recap which ought to bring them up a great deal.

What's the background to your IMFs and have the caps been done? (sorry if you said already).
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Dan.

Hi Edward

Will be making the remainder payment for the tisbury wednesday....

The history of my IMFs are i think they have been barely used as they are showing no signs of sound deterioration at all honestly they are top notch i dont think doing the caps on my ones would make a difference but who knows i bought them from a lady doing a house clear in a very wealthy area of bournemouth so much so i had to pay over what they were listed for just to get my hands on them due to the phone calls she had at the time but only £30 over so a stonking bargain they were a month of waiting and they have delivered superb results....will be running a Quad 405 and Tisbury ASAP...

Can not describe how happy i am.

Thank You
    Daniel
    Pre & Power
    Turntable
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Loudspeakers
    Tannoy 615 MK2

I'm Edward.

rock on Dan

The Quad 405 will be a great match for the IMFs.

Hopefully you have some solid stands as this will provide for great definition.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by dantheman91 View Post
    Sure are getting better and better with each listen even hearing some things i have never hear before and i own 2 sets of good Tannoys and to say they will be my reference speaker from now on is saying something i think you would need to spend thousands to have this level of quality today thats truly why i love vintage HI FI theirs is stuff you just cannot beat today and im using Technics and to think what they would be like something British excites me even more the cleanest speakers i have ever heard on Vinyl too...
    As a fellow IMF owner I had a hunch that the Technics might make a good match. Although be interested to see what happens with your other amps.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardlon View Post
    rock on Dan

The Quad 405 will be a great match for the IMFs.

Hopefully you have some solid stands as this will provide for great definition.

On Open Frame Stands at the moment they do the Job just need to nick the 405 from the lounge without my dad noticing as we share it..
    Pre & Power
    Turntable
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Loudspeakers
    Tannoy 615 MK2

I'm Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    As a fellow IMF owner I had a hunch that the Technics might make a good match. Although be interested to see what happens with your other amps.
    Hi Martin

Will be trying a mixed array in the next few days next up will be Quad.

They date from 1980 @ £351 new and worked out what they would cost in today's money comes to £1,461.86
    Pre & Power
    Turntable
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Loudspeakers
    Tannoy 615 MK2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast