+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The System

I'm Dan.

Default The System

Hi Guys

Its Been a hell of a long time since i posted in the Gallery so here goes back to basics and sounding Excellent and matches well all British
    The Sugden has the best Phono stage i think i have ever heard as you know the A28 was 30 from a private add on Facebook thus after a pot clean its in full running order now - I have a soft spot for Arcam CD players as used a 7 for years so when the 7SE came up i had to have it sounds superb the Rega is still a main part of my Vinyl front end with an RB250/Ortofon Super 10 - Upgraded Van Den Hul Bearing Oil - The Tannoy's are also going back to when i bought them in 2013 and have also been used daily and weekly since then i just love their sound for an 8 inch does everything Precise and they go super loud also i have a lot of kit around so i also swap and change regular so this is a thread that will keep being updated as and when changed cables are basic for now - Monster & Cambridge Pacific does the job..

Photos below let me know your thoughts -
    '
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Main System
    Sugden A28 & Tannoy Eclipse Speakers & Basic Interconnects & Chord Speaker Cable , Arcam Alpha 7SE
    Vinyl :
    Rega Planar 2 / RB250 / Ortofon OM Super 10 / VDH Oil Bearing Upgrade / Roksan R Mat OR Thorens TD 125 , SME 3009 & Shure V15 Type 2

I'm Shane.

Nice 'average joe' system.

S.

I'm dave.

Do I see the back end of a Quad ESL 57 if working great speakers

Dave
    Any tool can be used as a hammer but a screwdriver makes the best chisel

I'm Dan.

Hi Dave

Yes the rear of a pair of 57's that need a complete rebuild...
    Main System
    Sugden A28 & Tannoy Eclipse Speakers & Basic Interconnects & Chord Speaker Cable , Arcam Alpha 7SE
    Vinyl :
    Rega Planar 2 / RB250 / Ortofon OM Super 10 / VDH Oil Bearing Upgrade / Roksan R Mat OR Thorens TD 125 , SME 3009 & Shure V15 Type 2

I'm Dan.

Next Combination i am going to try is a NAD 1030 Pre Amp & Linn LK85 Power Amp....

Thoughts?
    Main System
    Vinyl :

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by dantheman91 View Post
    Next Combination i am going to try is a NAD 1030 Pre Amp & Linn LK85 Power Amp....

Thoughts?
    An unlikely match, but I have a feeling it could be OK.

Mind you, I've no doubt a Denon PMA-350SE would match that for less than 100! Great sounding amp.

I'm Dan.

Hi Geoff

Yes collecting PMA 350SE tomorrow my local dealer has just one in so i'm having it at 45 i cannot say no to that.... he gave me first dibs

Cheers
    Dan
    Main System
    Vinyl :

I'm Geoff.

Hi Geoff

Yes collecting PMA 350SE tomorrow my local dealer has just one in so i'm having it at 45 i cannot say no to that.... he gave me first dibs

Cheers
    Dan
    Not much point in doing the NAD/LK85 thing then. It won't be better.

Put the money towards a Promithieus TVC to use with the Quad 306. Works great!

I'm Dan.

I couldn't wait

Sounding Superb already.........
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Main System
    Vinyl :

I'm Geoff.

I couldn't wait

Sounding Superb already.........
    Told ya!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast