Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: The System

I'm Dan.

Fantastic local buy for 10! guy was clearing out Sounds great

Hitachi SR 802 from 1975/6

Exceptionally clean and working very well
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Main System
    Sugden A28 & Tannoy Eclipse Speakers & Basic Interconnects & Chord Speaker Cable , Arcam Alpha 7SE
    Vinyl :
    Rega Planar 2 / RB250 / Ortofon OM Super 10 / VDH Oil Bearing Upgrade / Roksan R Mat OR Thorens TD 125 , SME 3009 & Shure V15 Type 2

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by dantheman91 View Post
    Fantastic local buy for 10! guy was clearing out Sounds great

Hitachi SR 802 from 1975/6

Exceptionally clean and working very well
    Wow! Excellent shopping skills! Looks like new

Russell

I'm Dan.

Hi Russ

Sure is like new and sounds fantastic a keeper for sure looks beautiful at night all lit up the tuner is very good possibly the best i have heard in a receiver top build quality and not like the later Hitachi gear this is very heavy...

VERY Happy...

Happy Listening currently - The Beatles - 1
    Main System
    Sugden A28 & Tannoy Eclipse Speakers & Basic Interconnects & Chord Speaker Cable , Arcam Alpha 7SE
    Vinyl :
    Rega Planar 2 / RB250 / Ortofon OM Super 10 / VDH Oil Bearing Upgrade / Roksan R Mat OR Thorens TD 125 , SME 3009 & Shure V15 Type 2

I'm Dan.

Default Luxman / Denon / Tannoy & Arcam

The Luxman is in the rack and sounds beautiful with a pair Tannoy Eclipse and has possibly the best phono stage i have ever heard no other words to describe it polished and serviced for 20 by my local repairer i have set up a Denon TU 260L and the Arcam Alpha 7SE very pleased with them all - i was going to set up different speakers but i am so happy with the non DC tannoys for the moment they really are sleeper in terms of quality..

Using the Rega Planar 2 / RB250 / Ortofon OM Super 10 Cartridge

Happy Listening - a range today from Hard Trance , Country and Classic Rock....
    Main System
    Vinyl :

I'm Dan.

Wharfedale Dovedale III Back on with the Luxman

These early versions 1970/71 are going for more then the later ones as i have been watching them which can only be good i suppose its the early 12 Alnico's

Listening to - Gene Vincent Be Bop A Lula 30 Original Hits...
    Main System
    Vinyl :

I'm Geoff.

Are you sure Dan? I've never seen Dovedale III's with alnico magnets on the woofers. The only ones I've seen have had square ceramics, as far as I can recall.

It is possible somebody fitted earlier Dovedale drivers as replacements though. If so, it may be an idea to check impedances, as the older ones were 15 or 16 ohm and not the later 4/8 ohm.

I'm Grant.

could be wharfedale drivers maybe?
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/EMOTIVA XPS1/12V BATTERY - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP\WE TUBED - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER24, SPOTIFY - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI/AUDIOPHONICS/VOLUMIO/5V BATTERY - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN/Q ACOUSTIC BT3/CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

I'm Dan.

Default Pioneer Magazine rack

Will check in due course - guys

On the upside whilst trolling gum tree i came across a Pioneer Magazine rack for 10 - looks awesome..
    Main System
    Vinyl :

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by dantheman91 View Post
    On the upside whilst trolling gum tree i came across a Pioneer Magazine rack for 10 - looks awesome..
    But that was just luck Dan. We know you were actually being naughty and looking for more nice shiny Japanese amps and receivers to buy.

I'm Dan.

Busted LOL....

Thin on the ground at the mo...
    Main System
    Vinyl :

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910