+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: The Great Composers Collection

I'm Geoff.

Default FS: The Great Composers Collection

Another item up for grabs as part of my overseas relocation sell-off.

This is a boxed set of 52 classical recordings from the Decca, Philips and Deutsche Grammophon catalogues. Each of the 52 albums in the Great Composers series was chosen as a best example of that particular piece and of the best orchestras/conductors.

Each album comes with a magazine detailing the life of the composer and the history of the piece. The albums come on two cases and the magazines in four binders.

I subscribed to this set for my then girlfriend and as she did not have a turntable I made a cassette copy of the earlier discs in the series for her to play in the car. We parted company after disc 5 as I recall (I knew I should have used Dolby C!). The remainder just went into the binders/boxes without ever being played. Such is life.

Both discs and magazines in excellent condition. Looking for £300 plus postage although these are very heavy and collection is preferred. This is less than £6 per disc & magazine combo.

Great Composers Magazines and Box Sets.jpgGreat Composer 52 albums.jpg

Geoff

I'm Geoff.

Surely there's a vinyl lover out there in need of an instant classical collection?

Geoff

I'm Andrew.

Now there’s a smooth operator, I like it
    GLWTS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Geoff.

I'm the Marquis de Sade!

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    I'm the Marquis de Sade!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Lee.

Ive got quite a few of these titles in the series and the sound quality is very good to say the least
    Vinyl rig 1 - NAS Spacedeck / FR64s / Lab 12 Melto / Denon SUT / Ortofon GM SPU. Vinyl rig 2 Mono Set Up - Lenco GL75 c/w Jelco 750D / AT33 Mono / EAR 834P Modded. Amplifiers - Audio Note Empress Silver / Hattor Passive Pre. Digital - Fanless Mini PC / Lampizator TRP / Linear PSU / Hummingboard Network audio adaptor. Speakers - Horns.pl Mummy's. Cables are Audio Note / Albedo / Furutech Speaker wire. Power conditioner is a Gigawatt PC2 EVO

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Henley View Post
    Ive got quite a few of these titles in the series and the sound quality is very good to say the least
    Lee,

you are right. Apparently, the creators of the series selected the best performances by the best orchestras and conductors. The recordings are from the catalogues of Decca, Phillips and Deutsche Gramofon.

I am not a classical music fan myself, but I am surprised that there has not been more interest on this forum for what is effectively a NOS collection.

Geoff

I'm Geoff.

Christmas Bump. Forget Amazon and Santa.. buy somebody an instant classical record collection on VINYL!

I'm Andrew.

The BACH recordings are excellent. One of my favourites.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Geoff.

I'm not into classical myself. but have been told that the recordings selected are all amongst the best for that piece.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast