+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello everyone....

I'm Tim.

Default Hello everyone....

Apparently I'm supposed to say a few words about myself so here's a copy-and-paste of what I put in my profile...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Though I grew up with turntables and tape decks my listening these days is mainly PC-based. I like music of all kinds (though rap/hip-hop is a blind spot) but major on anything from the 1970's (my formative years), prog rock, classical, and electronica. I'm by no means a purist - with some knowledge of how records are made from my younger days, I don't have a problem using equalisers, compressors etc if I like the results. Having a science background I am sceptical about the "improvements" possible with mains leads, USB cables etc., though hopefully not closed-minded (as evidenced by the presence of an ifi USB purifier in my current setup). With wife & kids around - who sadly don't share my musical tastes - I normally have to listen on headphones, or at moderate level on my desktop setup. However I'm planning (or at least fantasising about) a high-power vintage setup in the attic.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Been exploring here a few days now (and currently listening to Cinematic Orchestra as featured on the Album Club forum), so it seemed only right to make myself known.

By the way, Andy's not my real name, but rather a reference to one of my fave bands - do you recognise it? No Googling allowed!

All the best,

"Andy" (not sure how long I'll keep that up....)

I'm Martin.

Hi Tim. Welcome to the forum.

Sorry but I'm crap at music trivia and don't get your reference. But at least I didn't cheat by googling!
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Tim.

Thanks for the welcome, Martin. I added a post to "So, tell us about your user name..." in case anyone is interested.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Andy,

No, I didn't get the word play either - so I'll have to go to the "So tell us about your user name ..." thread.

Anyway nice little introduction, enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

Hello Tim. Welcome to AOS.

Feel free to join in the fun and chat with everybody, I'm sure you'll find plenty to interest you here.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.

+ Reply to Thread