Hi all,

I know that there are a lot of Radford valve amp fans on here and, from what I heard when listening to Tom's (Montesquieu) set up, I can understand why!

There are quite a few sites and AoS posts explaining the history of the brand, and I know that Will from Radford Revival is a member of AoS, but I was specifically interested in knowing whether anyone has any information on how the Renaissance series of amps (in particular, the STA25) produced by John Widgery in the 80s compares to the original Radfords (in particular, the original STA25)? Were they pretty much the same as the series 3, or were significant changes made (for the better, or worse?)?

I think that Josie (The Black Adder) has/had one and there were previously some photos of the insides on which people were commenting, but the photos are gone, making the comments rather difficult to follow out of context!

I know that my chances of finding either (or the even more rare STA100) are pretty slim, but it would be helpful to understand what the options are while I bide my time patiently(!) for something to turn up!

Cheers!