+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: M2TECH Young DAC help!

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post
    In all the fiddling I've done recently Windows 10 sees the full capability of class 2 devices natively. The M2 Young dac uses the Hiface usb interface which Windows 10 supports.

As of ver. 1703 Windows 10 supports class 2 - current version is 1903.

There is some discussion on t'internet that the hiface driver (as updated for Windows 10) is better than the Windows 10 driver.

But I think Oli has moved onto an RPi solution since this thread.
    I've got a HiFace 1 and I know the compatibility is (or was) more of a problem than the 2. Hopefully that's been solved since I looked into it.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    I've got a HiFace 1 and I know the compatibility is (or was) more of a problem than the 2. Hopefully that's been solved since I looked into it.

You can but just try Lawrence. Ensure your Windows 10 version is updated. Use the winver command.

E

Main: Tidal/Roon > MiniITX > Metrum Hex > LDR > either Radford STA25 V or Trilogy 968 > Tannoy (Eaton or Berkeley).
    2nd: Tidal/Roon > Roopio on Pi > Chevron Paradox > Firebottle Buffer > Sugden Masterclass IA-4 > Kudos Cardea

I'm Lawrence.

I don't have W10 Edward I just remembered reading it when I was researching a purchase.

I'm Ian.

did anyone get a definitive answer to this?

I have just taken the Young Dac off my SB Touch and thought I would try it on my W10 pc. I had read this thread so was expecting challenges. But I am beat.

If I install the win7Vista103_Young_Vaughan driver it finds the dac and installs, I couldnt get any of the other drivers to work.

It plays and sounds good too, so far so good.

I can even get it to receive and play at 384/32 !!

BUT and its a BIG BUT

it looks as if W10 is resampling everything so it it only outputs at the refresh rate set for when "devices are shared". so if I set the shared output to 44.1 the dac detects 44.1 if I set it to 384/32 the dac shows 384

I seem to have the same problem on W7 too ???

I'm Ian.

Think I have cracked it, I hadnt clicked apply when I installed WASPI into foo bar.

I'm Grant.

lol... good youve solved it. good dacs the youngs
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/PROJECT PHONOBOX DS2 USB - QUAD VENA 2 - IFI PURIFIER 2/TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK POWER AMPLIFIERS - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR, SONY H900 & NURAPHONE HEADPHONES - ZBOOK/ IFI SILENCER/WIN10 PRO/AUDIRVANA & JRIVER - SMSL M6 DAC & IFI SILENCER - RPI 3+, DIGIONE HAT/VOLUMIO2 - EDINGDALE MK1 SPEAKERS - CABLE INC CHORD, MOGAMI, SUPRA & WIREWORLD

**Men are not punished for their sins, but by them**Don't be such a big girl's blouse!**
    ***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

RIP Terry... "We use only the finest baby frogs, dew picked and flown from Iraq, cleansed in finest quality spring water, lightly killed, and then sealed in a succulent Swiss quintuple smooth treble cream milk chocolate envelope and lovingly frosted with glucose."

I'm Ian.

Big Smile, just downloaded a 384/24 test track and it plays !!!

W10 laptop via foobar2000 with WASAPI output support installed

Install WASAPI via file/components/get more components, then APPLY

Next select WASAPI (push) SPDIF interface Young selected via file/preferences/playback/output/device
    Last edited by Mr.Ian; 08-01-2020 at 16:25. Reason: more info added

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678