+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Annihilation

I'm Jerry.

Default Annihilation

I love a good SF film so was really looking forward to annihilation, it got a good rating on Rotten Tomatoes.
    It is possibly the worst SF film I have seen. The story is basic, the acting crap, its badly edited and the ending just made me groan. Nothing happens for the first hour, then there are a few frights followed by a stupid scene at a lighthouse.
    Its on Netfix now-don't bother..
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Croft Series 7 power amp and a Standac. Squeezebox Touch
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm Justin.

You should check out Anti-Social with Prince Harry's babe Meghan Markle in it instead.
    "I've got my giant hits discotheque album. I empty a bottle - I feel a bit free."

I'm Ian.

I totally agree, I wasted nearly 2 hours watching this utter pile of crap. 0.5 for effort
    My stuff; Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774 /Ortofon Quintet Black, Cambridge CXC CD transport/Musical Fidelity X DAC/Musical Fidelity X10v3 tube buffer, Musical Fidelity A3, Nakamichi CA-5E pre amp, Acoustic Solutions FM/DAB tuner, Mordaunt Short Signifer, Klotz MC5000/MS audio, NVA LS5

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Covenant View Post
    I love a good SF film so was really looking forward to annihilation, it got a good rating on Rotten Tomatoes.
    It is possibly the worst SF film I have seen. The story is basic, the acting crap, its badly edited and the ending just made me groan. Nothing happens for the first hour, then there are a few frights followed by a stupid scene at a lighthouse.
    Its on Netfix now-don't bother..
    I did bother and Iím glad I did as I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Find myself disagreeing with pretty much everything you say in this post.

Guess it would be a dull old world if we all had the same tastes eh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm matt.

Thought it was going to be good after reading the reviews but came away disappointed.

I'm Joe.

I watched it a while back and I enjoyed it. I thought that it was good but missed the mark of being great. You would definitely need to be in the mood for it as it is slow and moody. But I thought that it was very good. A good "thinker" of a film. Acting seemed fine to me?

+ Reply to Thread