+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ammonite modular armboard and collar - first looks

I'm afesteringvinylphile.

EDIT: Sorry. Corrected below.

Can you make one for the Schick 9 inch?
    Lyrics are the ramblings of man, sometimes inspired by The Creator, most often, not.
    But music (melodies, harmonies, rhythms), that's God stuff.
    Always was. Always will be.

One of the biggest lies ever told was that only certain kinds of people should listen to certain kinds of music.

(silent) VINYL LP SLIDESHOWS

I'm afesteringvinylphile.

Quote Originally Posted by Ammonite Acoustics View Post
    Thanks - that was the intention and keeping the little square 'step' detail to the outer edge was one of the design aims, together with concealed fixings. There are smart Technics armboards available (Speedy Steve's ebony ones come to mind) but some are really ugly brutish things, and I wanted to produce something smart and almost beautiful. There's some very precise machining in the outer ring of my armboard design, necessary to achieve a nice 'scalloped' profile.

Here's a close-up shot of my FR-64S tonearm fitted to an Ammonite Audio armboard with a blank centre plate cut specially for this arm, just to show that it is not just for Jelco and SME arms. This is one of the pre-production boards and that's why there is some visible 'banding' to the top surface and a small machining mark at the end of the 'scallop' that the final production boards don't have.

Special offers are available to AoS members!

Can you make one for the Schick 9 inch?
    Lyrics are the ramblings of man, sometimes inspired by The Creator, most often, not.
    But music (melodies, harmonies, rhythms), that's God stuff.
    Always was. Always will be.

One of the biggest lies ever told was that only certain kinds of people should listen to certain kinds of music.

(silent) VINYL LP SLIDESHOWS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12